Aliens Warrior head finished!!!!!

vaderdarth

Master Member
IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

I think I'm gonna use clear condoms and really do it like the originals so the jaw will stay closed etc... Then I have some brownish dyes that will really blend it all together. :)

I think I'm gonna use clear condoms and really do it like the originals so the jaw will stay closed etc... Then I have some brownish dyes that will really blend it all together. :)

I doubt condom material will hold up over time at all. But that look they have is really the fine detail that makes it come alive.
Maybe some kind of clear resin spread very thin and cut to shape?

Dave, Use dental dam instead of condoms. We did on Alien Resurrection. It is heartier and will last longer. I wish I had a supplier of dental dam near me for my current project. ;)

Aliens creatures were sculpted by Stan Winston's crew and were based on the original alien. The head features were the closest to the original Giger design of any since. The obvious difference is the missing clear dome.

Looks great. Why do the heads differ so much From the original Alien Movie?

I think the story goes that Cameron thought the clear domes were too fragile and would be falling off and breaking all the time so he said to just ditch 'em.

Thus born the warrior alien.

They also dropped the eye sockets and "nose" from the front of the "face", and sculpted the ridges (they were just painted on the original Alien). Everything below that is more or less the same.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back