Aliens M41-A Pulse Rifle-Low Budget Build - COMPLETE- Video Update - Post #17

Looking forward to see the airsoft versions progress, i've got the Spas already here in the UK, the Thompson I can only see so far is AEG, so battery pack placement an issue if you want to fire the thing!

Once again, Stealth, you've inspired me to get off my behind and do some things I've been putting off for a while. I finished up my low-budget Colonial Marines costume--vid here:

Budget Colonial Marines Armor and Costume - YouTube

and am now planning some weaponry. I've ordered airsoft versions of the Thompson and the Spas 12 to make a pulse rifle, and also a toy M16/grenade launcher combo to make a flamethrower.

I'll put up build vids when I'm done. :)

very good stuff man! I gotta do the armor too at some point.

Glad you like it.

Just got my airsofts delivered today, am already working up a pulse rifle. I'll post a build thread when finished.

The cheap airsoft versions seem to be a little shorter than the real ones, so the shroud diagrams that are floating around the net are all too small vertically. Need some tweaking.

wow, that looks great man. I'm still waiting on my plastic sheets to redo mine. The scale of the weapons isn't really an issue. The Pulse rifle templates I made, are 10% smaller to full scale I think. I will still be proportionate to the airsoft weapons.

wow, that looks great man. I'm still waiting on my plastic sheets to redo mine. The scale of the weapons isn't really an issue. The Pulse rifle templates I made, are 10% smaller to full scale I think. I will still be proportionate to the airsoft weapons.

I'm curious to see how you do things differently than I. How are you gonna fill in the hollow handle to strengthen it? (I thought about using expanding insulation foam in there, but the plastic I was using wasn't really stiff enough--the foam would have pushed it outwards and presented problems.) Are you gonna trim off the pieces for the ammo clip end cap so you can remove the clip? (I didn't, though I should have.) What are you gonna use to make the shroud over the Tommy gun barrel?

One mountain, but many pathways to the top. ;)

What are you gonna use to make the shroud over the Tommy gun barrel?

Styrene is your friend! :thumbsup

IMG_20130207_135943_zps6599ea5e.jpg

IMG_20130207_140816_zps79643b3d.jpg

IMG_20130207_212247_zps2b37a308.jpg

IMG_20130207_224321_zps57deb442.jpg

Re: Aliens M41-A Pulse Rifle-Low Budget Build - COMPLETE- Video Update - Page 1

Well, I've Completed my Low Budget Pulse rifle
Didn't take too long and was really fun to make.

Please Click to check out the video.

Nice job! LOL - but I have to admit, my favorite part of your video was the audio clip at the end!! :lol

Well, any updates? I'm curious to see how you do it. (I tap my foot impatiently but good-naturedly) :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back