Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

As mentioned, here is the progress on the Casio a-100we.

I bought the chrome/silver one. Very shinny. Didn’t like that so I decided to dull it down with a flat clear coat.
View attachment 1510508

After the clear coat I forgot about the buttons. No problem. Grabbed some tape and a leather hole punch.
View attachment 1510511
View attachment 1510509

Finished results and the watches are, well, more dull. Lol.
View attachment 1510510

As mentioned, here is the progress on the Casio a-100we.

I bought the chrome/silver one. Very shinny. Didn’t like that so I decided to dull it down with a flat clear coat.
View attachment 1510508

After the clear coat I forgot about the buttons. No problem. Grabbed some tape and a leather hole punch.
View attachment 1510511
View attachment 1510509

Finished results and the watches are, well, more dull. Lol.
View attachment 1510510

I am considering painting black to be more accurate. However I’m going to try this look out first and move forward from there. Next post will be the finished a-100s and PF flyers:)

Before I go, here are the finished v.1 shoes (pre weathering).

View attachment 1510514

I’d really like to put a WY water slide decal on the heels or something like that. So if anyone knows someone or you yourself can help me, I’d be very grateful.

Take care, everyone.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the guts of a casio digital watch pretty easily. It might save you time masking. People that mod casios do it all the time.

In any event, looks great. A few pages back is a post of my attempt, which I like, but isn't nearly as screen accurate.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the guts of a casio digital watch pretty easily. It might save you time masking. People that mod casios do it all the time.

In any event, looks great. A few pages back is a post of my attempt, which I like, but isn't nearly as screen accurate.

Thank you so much. After I taped everything off to put the clear coat on, it totally hit me I could have probably taken the watch apart. Lol.

I’ll definitely be trying that route rather than taping when/if I paint black.

Thanks again, mate.

Well, some unfortunate news on my vintage jacket:/

30C37107-CE38-4A05-8369-529D75D7B2A6.png

So the search continues for an authentic coat.

Luckily I do have enough references that I think I can get a decent replica made:)

What size/vintage MK3 were you trying to pick up, Mechanized ? EDIT: I just refamiliarized myself with your jacket purchase: not MK3. What you had picked up was very cool. Good luck with the replica!

Last edited:
I saw some sort of green quilted jacket at Target the other day that sort of reminded me of this jacket.
They sometimes sell cheap copies of military style jackets.

If anyone is interested in one of the Ralph Lauren MK3 lightweight reproductions, there's one on fleabay--13 hours left. Not mine and not cheap.
eBay item number: 234225436316

Attachments

• RL-EB12.jpg
    RL-EB12.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 124
Here we go. Original 1950s French liner jacket:

C12CA184-AF17-4D47-A2BD-2F9094425E93.jpeg

Back detail:
BD09657B-1665-4DB9-99BC-F9B2DD4CAC7D.jpeg

Patina on snaps:
46DC6EE1-78A6-4754-A8FD-F0792CDAED86.jpeg

Some natural distressing:
FE1A1CD8-34E0-40D8-9F13-78EB6539AA8E.jpeg

More patina and collar detail:
58458FCF-2788-47FD-8469-0B220246E501.jpeg
BB797461-F983-427F-9BD1-F78F223BB8B3.jpeg

Inside snaps with drawstring:
BCE4553D-7713-44E0-A640-BC291D326DDA.jpeg

This jacket rules. Fits just like Lambert’s and still has lots of life in it (unlike Lambert). HUGE shout out and thanks to NostromoCrew for the heads-up on this. I really appreciate it, mate.

One step closer to a full uniform:)

This jacket rules. Fits just like Lambert’s and still has lots of life in it (unlike Lambert). HUGE shout out and thanks to NostromoCrew for the heads-up on this. I really appreciate it, mate.

Very nice to see that you got your hands on one of the liners. I also happened to receive a certain something from Japan in the mail today! :) I had spent considerable time searching for the liner and then happened to find 5 in a week. I passed on the link to a few jackets to Adam NostromoCrew, so I'm glad he reached out to you!

Mine is in absolutely pristine condition, and thankfully Size 2 (which is what production used for Sigourney and Veronica) happens to fit me quite well. I'm excited to do the conversion when I have accurate patches that I'm sufficiently happy with.

PXL_20220126_011343387.jpg

IMG_20220125_182900_380.jpg

lambertcoat1.jpg

Here we go. Original 1950s French liner jacket:

View attachment 1537969
Back detail:
View attachment 1537970
Patina on snaps:
View attachment 1537971
Some natural distressing:
View attachment 1537972
More patina and collar detail:
View attachment 1537975View attachment 1537974
Inside snaps with drawstring:
View attachment 1537973

Awesome!

Yeah, no way was I going to pass on it. The natural wear-n-tear from time is right up my alley. Fits right into the Alien world.

It does look nice all clean, though. Very cool IkeOffworld

Here's some info and pictures of the jackets I've compiled into one post that I hope will help:

The jacket is a 1950s French Army quilted jacket that was used in the Algerian War, specifically the first model of two, with the second model featuring a quilted diamond pattern instead of squares (picture source):

IMG_8137-2.jpegIMG_8141-2.jpeg

The number on tag of the jacket corresponds to the size of the jacket's waist. The three sizes available were 2 (as used in Alien) for waists up to 80:

IMG_8147.jpeg

Size 6 for waists 81 to 96:

img_1112.jpeg

And size 9 for 97 and up, which I haven't found a picture of.

The jacket isn't described as a liner in most of the sources I found, but it must have been used as one, because while I can't find any pictures of French soldiers in the Algerian War wearing them, I did find pictures of soldiers with something underneath the top layer of their uniforms that looks similar to the jacket (picture source):

Appelé.jpeg

And I also found this French commando uniform from the war with a similar quilted liner:

H0579-L47478293.jpeg

By the time Alien was being filmed in the late 1970s, both models of the jacket were still being used by the French Army in workshops when it got cold, and were simply thrown away once they were too stained with grease to keep using (source for info and some of the pictures).

As for the jackets used in the film, here's Ripley's jacket that sold for $15,600.00 (that's with buyer's premium) at Profiles in History's Hollywood Auction 65 on October 17, 2004:

lf.jpeglf (1).jpeglf (2).jpeglf (3).jpeglf (4).jpeglf (5).jpeg

Here's Lambert's that didn't sell at the same auction with a reserve price $6,000:

lf (6).jpeglf (7).jpeglf (8).jpeglf (9).jpeglf (10).jpeglf (11).jpeglf (12).jpeg

And here's the pictures posted by stephen210 on Propsummit.com of the Lambert jacket owned by Bob Burns:

IMG_0228.jpegIMG_0226.jpegIMG_0227.jpeg

The Bob Burns jacket seems to be a pretty perfect match for this particular example of the jacket and the one that IkeOffworld has:

sdsdsdsds.jpegsssaassa.jpegdsdaaasd.jpegasasassasa.jpegasdasassaads.jpegdassadsasa.jpegdfadfsadfsadfsadfs.jpegdaadadda.jpeg

The two sold by Profiles in History, on the other hand, don't seem to match any version of the jacket that I've seen so far. Ripley's is brown (probably because it was dyed, as NostromoCrew and Mechanized said) and is also entirely missing the line the lines around the waist, while Lambert's jacket has all three of the lines on the waist continuing past the button and all the way to the piping along the edge. I haven't been able to find examples with any of those features. Also interesting to note is that the Profiles in History Lambert jacket appears to have much more rectangular quilting with less wrinkles than the Bob Burns jacket, but I guess those differences could just have to do with the way the jackets were photographed and displayed.

It's hard to be sure of the rarity of the jacket when there isn't any specific model number for the jacket that would make it easy to search for, but terms to use when looking are "veste matelassée" with "militaire", "armée", "1950s", and/or "Algérie". I've been looking for jackets being sold for almost a year now, and have seen a few listed on eBay in that time, including two that were matches for Bob Burns' jacket (one of which is the example pictured above). There's also a number of "out of stock" listings on different online stores. Based on that and the people in this thread that have found them, they don't seem to be too hard to find, and are certainly more common than some other pieces of Nostromo uniforms, like the G4B flight suit, Inter shoes, or Edding 1700 pens. However, if a real jacket cannot be found or is too expensive, this Italian Army parka liner looks quite similar and is available at a number of stores (picture source):

ItalianODParkawithLiner_02.jpeg

It could make for a good "inspired by" sort of look, like I've seen with some custom Nostromo jackets inspired by the Mark 3s used in the film. I think that the second model of the jacket with the diamonds could also make for a cool in-universe jacket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back