Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Here are my Nostromo crew shoe replicas! I thought people might like to see them. I used white converse as the base, white leather for the straps and vulcanized rubber sheet for the ribbing on the toe.

View attachment 1426883View attachment 1426884View attachment 1426885View attachment 1426886
Wow these came out great, asp the ribbed toe, look just like the movie. have very wide feet so can not wear Converse or PF flyers but all ways keeping an open eye on basrball boots.

I've been enjoying my new wing set from NostromoCrew . Very solid, highly accurate, and (I think) the best available coat/jacket wings available. Great proportions, well-made, and the different bullion/metallic threads really does add to their look. Gorgeous.

The gold wings at the bottom of the image are from a vendor out of South America. Fun and funky, but...

View attachment 1355625
Are you still selling your beautifully made wings?

I’m planning to complete a nostromo inspired jacket and found that the raf cold weather jacket was cost prohibitive, got a similar one that was a former Guardia de fiancia one from Messina Hembry a vintage site and purchased the patches from super6props on Etsy as they closely matched the screen ones. I’m a bit apprehensive of dyeing it to the blue as it’s currently green but it’s around 30 years old as the label has 1992 as its production date. Will the washing machine dyes work better than the hand dyes? Is there a way of distressing the patches without damaging them?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is there a way of distressing the patches without damaging them?

Distressing IS inflicting damage to something in order to artificially age it. Even chemical means (bleach for example) can weaken threads.

I’m planning to complete a nostromo inspired jacket and found that the raf cold weather jacket was cost prohibitive, got a similar one that was a former Guardia de fiancia one from Messina Hembry a vintage site and purchased the patches from super6props on Etsy as they closely matched the screen ones. I’m a bit apprehensive of dyeing it to the blue as it’s currently green but it’s around 30 years old as the label has 1992 as its production date. Will the washing machine dyes work better than the hand dyes? Is there a way of distressing the patches without damaging them? View attachment 1470925View attachment 1470926
Lightly sanding the patch, esp the edges will give them a good look. Maybe a little dying with tea to make them a little grubbier looking.

7EF95BEA-A1DC-410B-BC2F-BCD186F8DB58.jpeg
I had to remove the existing pocket which took around a hour to remove each individual stitch and place both patches ready to be stitched into place. Super6props on Etsy is where they came from at a reasonable £4.00 each. Next comes the shoulder patches.

image.jpg
Nearly finished, now with added shoulder patches. Other top pocket was removed. Realised the UK patch is upside down and panic ensued. Looking to do the laces on the arm but with my spin on it

My eyes hurt.

I just finished reading all of the posts here. Found a lot of dead links along the way too.

Not finding a reasonable Mk. III jacket around at all. I checked with my local place, where I’ve scored typically overpriced MOD issued bags cheaply, and they had nothing in their system (they are a chain and can view all inventory).

Be that as it may, I have a sizing question for the jacket, should an opportunity present itself. I’m 5-foot 14 inches tall, and a 41 chest (40.5 actual). The size 8 seems best based on the label, but I was hoping those around my size might comment on the fit since I’d be wearing a tee and button shirt (only) under it, and not a bunch of antique pilot gear. Maybe I could get away with a 7? Although I worry about the sleeve and body length in that case.

I really want to do one, but at the same time I can get MOD issued leather jackets for less money… so an “inspired” jacket comes to mind. And I wanted gold wings but I’m not crazy about the belly laces on Dallas’ jacket.

Now what?!?

Ok, I am around 5' 10' and normally about a 44" chest, or basically a UK large. I own both 7 and 8 MK3 jackets and I can tell you, the arms run a bit longer on a size 8 and more chest room but other than that it feels like a 7.
A mk8 will swamp you, def try a mk7, same arm length but less chest
My eyes hurt.

I just finished reading all of the posts here. Found a lot of dead links along the way too.

Not finding a reasonable Mk. III jacket around at all. I checked with my local place, where I’ve scored typically overpriced MOD issued bags cheaply, and they had nothing in their system (they are a chain and can view all inventory).

Be that as it may, I have a sizing question for the jacket, should an opportunity present itself. I’m 5-foot 14 inches tall, and a 41 chest (40.5 actual). The size 8 seems best based on the label, but I was hoping those around my size might comment on the fit since I’d be wearing a tee and button shirt (only) under it, and not a bunch of antique pilot gear. Maybe I could get away with a 7? Although I worry about the sleeve and body length in that case.

I really want to do one, but at the same time I can get MOD issued leather jackets for less money… so an “inspired” jacket comes to mind. And I wanted gold wings but I’m not crazy about the belly laces on Dallas’ jacket.

Now what?!?
Ok, I am around 5' 10' and normally about a 44" chest, or basically a UK large. I own both 7 and 8 MK3 jackets and I can tell you, the arms run a bit longer on a size 8 and more chest room but other than that it feels like a 7.

If it’s not too much to ask, could you take some measurements off of both jackets?

Im thinking a 7 may work better too, but I always have trouble with sleeve length. I’ve seen plenty of charts defining the size of the wearer to the size number, but I’ve never tried one on (or even seen one in person yet!), or seen any actual measurements. The sizing is presumably allowing for layered undergarments and other stuff a pilot might need, so cut generously. (?) I’ll be packin’ a granola bar…

Thank you very much in advance!

I did find these:

434B16DC-D366-4D59-A127-A3930A1AA027.jpeg

Which appear to be the same pattern without the tail and honeycomb insulation.

Foul weather outfit comes with pants for about the same price as a tiny size Mk. III.

Needs a bit of work and comes with a far more convoluted sizing system.

If it’s not too much to ask, could you take some measurements off of both jackets?

Im thinking a 7 may work better too, but I always have trouble with sleeve length. I’ve seen plenty of charts defining the size of the wearer to the size number, but I’ve never tried one on (or even seen one in person yet!), or seen any actual measurements. The sizing is presumably allowing for layered undergarments and other stuff a pilot might need, so cut generously. (?) I’ll be packin’ a granola bar…

Thank you very much in advance!
Ok, from shoulder seam to end of cuff, a size 7 is about 62cm and a size 8 is about 66cm. Size 8 has more chest room as I say but you can still wear something under a size 7 with no problem. The design is short on the waist so the pilot can sit comfortably but still looks good!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back