Alien - Giger Style Egg - 3D Model

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Thought I wanted to do something a little more organic, yet still simple, after working so much on the Terminator Endoskeleton pistons, so decided to try my hand at sculpting the Giger style egg from Alien.

Basic oval shape worked up and tried matching it to the reference. Looks good so far.

Alien-GigerStyle-Egg-001.jpg

Also, have a sensor that sets off the movement and noise when you walk by it.
just don’t look over and into it! when it begin to flower open - probably a good sign to run! this is awesome. I can imagine an actuated “face hugger” that pops out like a jack-in-the-box

just don’t look over and into it! when it begins to flower open - probably a good sign to run! this is awesome. I can imagine an actuated “face hugger” that pops out like a jack-in-the-box

just don’t look over and into it! when it begin to flower open - probably a good sign to run! this is awesome. I can imagine an actuated “face hugger” that pops out like a jack-in-the-box

There is a guy in Hollywood who has a lot of screen used costumes and props. I think he made one that jumps at people. You can find the videos on youtube.

TMG, how far along are you? Did you do some test-prints?

Haven't gotten any further. Was thinking about where the cut in the egg should be so people could get access to the inside without leaving a visible seam. I came to the conclusion that the cut would be best down at the bottom, where it is partly covered by the ground and tentacles growing out of the egg to keep it upright.

I did a test print, it was successful, but it failed in the sense that i had to destroy it to get it off the build plate. I've been given some suggestions to try out when doing the next test prints, but I've been a little burned out to do much.

There is a guy in Hollywood who has a lot of screen used costumes and props. I think he made one that jumps at people. You can find the videos on youtube.

Haven't gotten any further. Was thinking about where the cut in the egg should be so people could get access to the inside without leaving a visible seam. I came to the conclusion that the cut would be best down at the bottom, where it is partly covered by the ground and tentacles growing out of the egg to keep it upright.

I did a test print, it was successful, but it failed in the sense that i had to destroy it to get it off the build plate. I've been given some suggestions to try out when doing the next test prints, but I've been a little burned out to do much.
Well, glad it’s still in the works. No pressure for most builds around here! Some of the best followed projects take years to complete! I have a hero phaser in a pile(s) that’s just collecting dust! ugh. we’ll keep track of the egg, and keep us posted as things move forward!

If anybody has any good reference of the egg from the first movie I would love to see it posted here. I only really have a few that were found through DuckDuckGo picture search.

I did find a good reference for the ground piece, which I will try to replicate as well.

Oh yeah, if anyone has measurements on how tall and wide the egg is supposed to be that would help tremendously, as I just made the model in random numbers. Has an Alien egg ever been up for auction, or has that only been from the sequels?

I haven't seen any good reference on dimensions, etc, but I believe you can do a pretty good job scaling from screen-grabs and video out there from (unfortunate) members of the movies’s landing party! Years ago I mage a HUGE one from Papier-mâché over an oval balloon. must have popped a dozen before the multiple layers finally dried and set-up. I then applied the surface effects in liquid latex or similar. It was awesome. wish I knew where that ended up!??? probably popped!

There are a few pictures on these sites:

From Propstore auctions of the eggs from Aliens, it lists them as 75 cm tall and 55 cm wide. I'll keep searching to see if I can find ones from the first movie.

If anyone has good reference of the original Alien face hugger I'd love to see those too. All I've really been able to find is from the sequels, except a damaged prototype from Propstore.

From Propstore auctions of the eggs from Aliens, it lists them as 75 cm tall and 55 cm wide. I'll keep searching to see if I can find ones from the first movie.

If anyone has good reference of the original Alien face hugger I'd love to see those too. All I've really been able to find is from the sequels, except a damaged prototype from Propstore.
I found that as well, and I began working on the egg using ALIENS as the main references.

I would guess the eggs they made for AlienS had the same dimensions. :unsure:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back