Airsoft Pistol identification/help

Farrellk08

I just recently saw The Kingsman, and I cannot recommend it enough. It got me pumped, and I couldn't wait to get home to look up the sidearm used by the Kingsman agents. The IMFD identifies it as a modified Tokarev, most likely. But, the only Tokarevs I can find are of the gas blowback (aka $140) variety. Perusing through the electronic bay, I found a really good and cheap lookalike, but the seller won't ship to New York state. Period. Any chance anyone else has looked into this, or can identify the pistol from another seller?

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K8-Metal-Sp...364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a43c80cbc

It's labeled as a "K8 Metal Spring Airsoft Pistol", which returns no other results on eBay. Any help would be appreciated.

Or even if you have a better Tokarev airsoft approximation, that would be fantastic.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I found an airsoft pistol that *may* be a good alternative to the Tokarev, even though it isn't labeled as such.

tokarev353.jpg Standard Tokarev
$T2eC16FHJG!FFm3f6!SiBR-V(yMuYw~~60_12.JPG UKArms 8922

It's clearly modeled to look like it, with probably just enough to make it legally different. My only concern is that it seems just a little too small.

I'll look into that Umarex, great find PrinceEddie!

UKarms is cheap rubbish. There's a reason their pistols are < $10...

Evike has a full metal Tokarev TT-33 gas blowback pistol for $88.00

http://www.evike.com/products/44404/

A lot of people involved in airsoft give WE guns a bad rap, however I've owned several and never had any problems with them. Of course, I only slow fire target shoot and not skirmish so play style greatly impacts the durability and function of the pistol. check out the video below the gun description for a review.

Edit: Argh, didn't see PriceEddie's link above this :/

Some good options, guys. I found some rubber training Tokarevs on eBay for a bit under $40, so that's something for me to consider. I've never bought a rubber gun before though, and I would need to modify it to match the film. Now would it be easier or more difficult to do that? That's the trick question.

Well you will need to spur the hammer, thin the trigger and maybe alter the top slide grips which will prove easier on a rubber gun than on metal... I assume. Perhaps the more tricky task will be in making the attachment beneath the barrel which all evidence points to being a shotgun attachment of sorts. I am currently researching the existence of such an attachment.

Kingsman.png
kingsman-the-secret-service-mark-strong.jpg

The TT series is based on the Hammerless Colt 1908 and was copied and mass produced by several countries so such an attachment may exist somewhere... although it could be a 'Kingsman' exclusive so to speak made of bits of other weapons... maybe a flaregun?. It is, however, a popular modification to bob the spur of the TT-33 to prevent any unwanted firing, and stop it from catching on clothing, accessories etc.

C.

Last edited:
Yes, Colin Firth's character mentions that it is a shotgun attachment, but I don't believe it is seen firing in the film
That's why there is a second trigger

image.jpg

Attachments

• kingsman-2015-movie-poster (1).jpg
    kingsman-2015-movie-poster (1).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 142
  • kingsman_the_secret_service_ver8_xxlg.jpg
    kingsman_the_secret_service_ver8_xxlg.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 119
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 314
The K8 on ebay, is a copy of a Colt 1903/08, 32/380acp caliber. It is a 'pocket pistol', and smaller than a Tokarev. A shotgun attachment would allow them to fire those shotgun grenades with the pop-out fins.

David.

This comes straight from IMFDB...

'The platform is a Russian TT30 which has then been custom engineered by our in house team: Refinished and reblacked, custom hand made grips, re-profiling of the slide, hammer and frame and a shotgun attachment underneath. They were designed and made by our armoury technician here in the UK and only 6 were ever made. Custom suppressors where requested during filming which were also designed and made in house at Cohort Film Services. They were made specific to each gun, so only 6 were made in total.'

http://goo.gl/dpWKsh

C.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
You have to understand quantities of scale. How many thousands of the replicas were made vs the millions of real ones, most of which are being sold as military surplus. But even then, this isn't remotely representative of those few cases. The cheapest TT-33 is still around $220 whereas airsoft GBB replicas are around $80 and even cheaper for plastic spring action ones.

You also have to understand that Farrell is in New York. Getting permission to own a gun is a grand task unto itself... :unsure

You also have to understand that Farrell is in New York. Getting permission to own a gun is a grand task unto itself... :unsure

I looked into getting a pistol permit a few years ago, after I got my bachelors in Criminal Investigation, to get acquainted with pistols before getting a job in law enforcement. You need about 4 good character references, a couple hundred dollars in fees, you need to pay to get fingerprinted, and then wait, sometimes for over a year. I decided to wait util the state had to pay for it when I get a job.

I cant tell if the grips on this are checkered or not. I saw a close up shot of an actor holding one and the checkering looked photoshopped. What do you guys think?

In all the photos except for this one, they look smooth. These look a little photoshopped but it could be just airbrushing around it that makes them stand out

In all the photos except for this one, they look smooth. These look a little photoshopped but it could be just airbrushing around it that makes them stand out
Hi I know this post is a couple of months old , if it helps the pistol grips were made of walnut and shaped and chequered, there were no airbrushing at all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back