Airsoft Hitman Silverballer

Farrellk08

I saw the new Hitman film trailer, and while the film seems..., anyway, it got me interested in making a Silverballer, 47's signature weapon. First I had to decide which Silverballer to choose from. They have evolved over the series, and are inconsistent in promo stills/game covers, particularly with the markings. Plus, they are upgrade-able in the games,so add more choices there.

Hitman2_s_silverballer.jpg 50b8212e302db.jpg Hitman_3_artwork.jpg

I decided to go with what seems to be the current standard, which is displayed oh so nicely in this still from Absolution:

maxresdefault (2).jpg

The Silverballers are based on the real-world AMT Hardballer, which is a (by all accounts cheap) Colt 1911 clone. And since there are no airsoft Hardballers, it was a no-brainer to just pick up a 1911. I also picked up a separate airsoft pistol to part out it's suppressor, because somehow I could not find a full sized airsoft 1911 with a suppressor included.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

I picked up the silver 1911 hoping the paint job would be good enough that I wouldn't have to go out and pick up some metallic paint, which would have worked out except...

FullSizeRender.jpg

I may be cheap, but I can also be finicky, so I'll have to pick up some paint. Next up is the grip, which is a Pachmayr 1911 Rosewood grip. I picked up the real deal on eBay, so that should arrive shortly.

So, while I wait for that, I'll get on picking up a good paint, maybe I 'll try a chrome paint, haven't done that before. After that, I can begin adding the logo on the side and the other lettering.

Attachments

• 310.jpg
    310.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
I would also point out that those Pachmayrs may not (almost certainly won't) work with an airsoft pistol. The RS 1911's grip screw bushings extend into the screw holes. Airsofts (the cheap ones anyway) don't have these bushings, plus the screws are smaller and are likely to pass thru the Pachmayr holes without even touching the wood. There's also the scale. If the airsoft is not true 1:1, the distance between the screw holes will be too little and the holes won't even line up...

Edit: actually, the Pachmayrs may work, but you would probably need to fill the grip holes with wood filler and re-drill the holes only big enough to allow the threaded part of the screw to fit.

Actually there's two. Western Arms and Tokyo Marui both made GBB AMT Hardballer's.

Those would have been awesome, I honestly didn't think the Hardballer would have been popular enough to warrant a airsoft, it being a clone of the 1911. It's too bad they're out of stock. I'm having the same issue with a spring Tokarev I'm trying to get my hands on.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also point out that those Pachmayrs may not (almost certainly won't) work with an airsoft pistol. The RS 1911's grip screw bushings extend into the screw holes. Airsofts (the cheap ones anyway) don't have these bushings, plus the screws are smaller and are likely to pass thru the Pachmayr holes without even touching the wood. There's also the scale. If the airsoft is not true 1:1, the distance between the screw holes will be too little and the holes won't even line up...

Edit: actually, the Pachmayrs may work, but you would probably need to fill the grip holes with wood filler and re-drill the holes only big enough to allow the threaded part of the screw to fit.

I'm no stranger to bondo. Plus, it wouldn't be a project of mine if everything went together smoothly. :lol

If the replica you got is based on a Tokyo Marui GBB (there being many clones), real grips will fit without modification and vice versa. This however excempts slim grips that come with their own slimmer bushings and note if you'll be needing an ambi cut if your replica has an ambidextrous manual safety. Also the specific model Pachmayr grips you need are American Legend. But if you're on a tight budget, you can get Hogue clones like these and simply modify them with wood veneer or simply painting on the wood effect.
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/army-force-m1911-grip-cover-bk.html#.VOWtJBJm7tI

As for the rest of the modifications, you'll need to bodge on new sights, usually a fiber optic front and Bo-Mar rear. The most distinguishing feature of AMTs is an elevated sight rib which should be easy enough to simply glue on top.

I've got a WE full metal 1911 that I ordered RS Colt medallion grips for; I had to return them because the screws were too small. YMMV.

I was considering the American Legend grips but I declined after reading several poor reviews regarding their construction and durability.

That looks like the Galaxy G13 1911 you have. I would recommend measuring the distance between the screw holes. Below is the real steel spacing.

gripscrewspace.jpg

Question: What type of idiot puts $35 grips on a $10 gun? (Hint: it's me)

View attachment 442408

The grip matched up perfectly, I only needed to get different screws as the ones that came with the airsoft weren't long enough. I managed to scrounge up 4 screws that were the correct fit, and it only took a little dremel-ing to shorten the new screws to allow the magazine to fit in. At least something went together this week without much of a fight. :lol

So, now that the weather is a little nicer, I've started working on some projects that required painting, and the Hitman pistol is up next. I took the bb gun, which was a dull silver color, and got one coat of Rustoleum Metallic Finish on it, which is working out (so far).

IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1525.JPG

It's already shiny enough to reflect my fingers as I took the picture, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Just as long as I don't get any fingerprints after I put on a second coat tomorrow...

Greetings...sad to see you never updated this to the finished project. Been wanting to do this for 20 yrs Was wondering why you chose to paint this ? Couldn't the Metal be polished out to be a nice shiny chrome? Don't understand why they only sell matte chrome Secondly, where or how did you get the engraving done ? I'm wanting to do this and a few other projects that will require engraving on a slide. Thanks

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back