Airbrush compressor any suggestions for use with createx paints

MotoGuy75

Hello fans,

I am having an issue with my airbrush.It is a Paashe VL,and I am using a Paashe D500 compressor.The issue I am having is it seems like I have to thin the paint down quite a bit to get it to flow.I think my compressor is not putting out enough psi,it is rated 1/10hp.Any of you guys have any recommendations on a good air compressor that can be used with my airbrush and has enough umph to kick out the paint without thinning it down so much?

Thanks Daren

Don't know if you want to go with a different set up but this one is really good,

hear is the link..........http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95630

not sure on a fix for your compresser??? This one is 100.00 for both airbrush and compresser.

Hope this helps.

I suppose the question is, what you mean by quite a bit. I've always read that you should thin paints to the consistency of low fat milk for airbrushing, because the amount is not constant. With model paints I end up using 1.5:1 or more in thinner to paint ratio - and no two pots or paint bottles will be quite the same. If it's not thinned enough it can also be drying too quickly and clogging up your brush.

With the VL it also depends on the tip you are using - if you're using the finest (#1), then you'll have trouble shooting thicker paints. Using the #3 or #5 tips would help a lot. Createx also make an extender (thinner) to help spraying from smaller tipped airbrushes.

If none of that works, then I suppose you could get a new compressor - but I'd say that would the last resort. I'm certainly not an expert on airbrushing, but I hope that helps. :cry:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back