Air with Norman Reedus

madmikeee

Sr Member
Anyone else checked this out yet? Watched it last night and I have to say the wife and I thought it was awesome. What I liked most about it was it is just a story. No multi million special effects nothing to detract from the story. It was a basic story set in one area but I felt it was told well, acted well and presented well. The only thing I didn't like was that the plot was very obvious within the first 15 minutes, I would have liked a little more build up and character development. Also there were a couple of times I had to put on the closed caption to understand what was being said. Those are very minor things though.

In todays ADD, overly done special effect and CGI world it was nice to see a movie go back to the basics. If you have an hour and a half to kill this is not a bad way to do it.

7/10 for me

Oh, I bet there were some effects done in the movie, it's just that you didn't realize/notice them. Most movies these days almost always have some sort of effects work, whether you realize it or not. Chances are that there was at least some comp work done or possibly some set extensions depending on the nature and setting of the film.

Anyhow, so what was the basic plot of the movie?

OH there were effects but they were very old school. The only major CGI I saw was aftermath scenery at one point. The rest were all practical.

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go. I'm happy to google it for everyone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2091478/

Yeah, post-apocalyptic movie. Pass.

You should still give it a shot if you enjoy the back to basics style it has. This isn't a mad max / walking dead/ fallout style. I am not giving much info I know but it's a bit hard to summarize the plot without giving much away.

You should still give it a shot if you enjoy the back to basics style it has. This isn't a mad max / walking dead/ fallout style. I am not giving much info I know but it's a bit hard to summarize the plot without giving much away.

No, I abjectly detest any and all post-apocalyptic stories, period. All of these "the world ends", "humanity fights for survival" crap is absurd, I just have no interest at all in watching it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back