Agents of Shield LOGO

JediMichael

Master Member
So I never grew up reading comics, and only really knew Marvel heros like Spider-man, Hulk, and when the movies came out, X-Men. That was about it.
So when my friends wanted to go watch Ironman in 2008, I'm like, who, what??? (Sad,I know)
Like plenty others, I loved it, and of course the now fan favorite, Phil Coulson.
After his death in Avengers, they announce the TV show, Agents of Shield, taking place after that movie and starring, Coulson.
It was definitely their drawing force to get people to watch the show. It worked.
I remember it was something like Kree blood that can revive a dead human. Is that from the comics as well or just the tv show?
Anyways, I watched every episode up til season 5, as I do not have a way right now. TV isn't hooked up to any channels. BTW, anyone know where I can find these last 2 seasons to stream or download for free just to catch up?

So last year I was at this church bazaar where people are selling stuff they've made. This guy has this 2 or 3 foot Agents of Shield logo made of wood and stained. I'm sure he was charging a bit. Figured I could make my own.....but its been like 8 months and I remembered that I wanted to try, so here I am.

Went to the hobby store (I was on a delivery for work, and the store was just around the corner, so stopped in real quick) I realized I needed one more pack of the 1 mm.
I actually wanted to make it around 15 inches, but looking at some places, they would have to be shipped, and the cost for one place was like $90 for everything. I got all this and some putty for 35.
AOS01.jpg

So I decided to make it a little smaller and having to glue 2 of the 12 x 6 boards (2mm) together and then filling in the seams with putty.

AOS02.jpg

For the back, I glued 2 of the 1 mm together and cut it out. Found random things around the house that were the perfect circles to trace around.

AOS03.jpg

I cut that one out (here half done) and have another one glued together with an even smaller circle.

AOS04.jpg

The main base will look like this test fitting parts.

AOS05.jpg

For sanding the round edges, I wanted to see if this might work.....until the battery died a min later. (that always seems to happen)
Still waiting for it to charge right now.

AOS06.jpg

Hand sanded it a bit as well, and heres what I have so far.

AOS07.jpg

For the actual eagle, I first sized these in photoshop, will cut them out, flipping the wings, and trace them on really thing styrene, then will trace that on 1mm styrene....which I need one more pack as I didn't get enough in my haste at the shop since I was working.
I went back today and they were all sold out, that always seems to happen to me. So for now, I'll get the round parts done until I can get more styrene and finish it. Once finished, it will have 3 different colors of silver/gray.
I figured this was a pretty simple project that should look pretty cool once done.

AOS08.jpg

So I've been working on the 2 circles. Filled the seem with the white putty, dry, sand, prime, find more issues, repeat.
20200712_014654.jpg

After 4 times of doing this, I think I've gotten it to be as smooth as I'll get it.
20200712_184447.jpg

Here's the 4th time. If it hits the light just right, you can still see the seem a little, but the full gray one will have the eagle over it anyways.

20200712_195217.jpg

20200712_195244.jpg

This is looking great so far, keep it up.

The Kree blood being used to bring back the dead is unique to the show as far as I know.

Are you going to make the S.H.I.E.L.D. Logo from the later seasons, like in the image?

107770099_3450768038267332_5490490946174757898_n.jpg

This is looking great so far, keep it up.

The Kree blood being used to bring back the dead is unique to the show as far as I know.

Are you going to make the S.H.I.E.L.D. Logo from the later seasons, like in the image?

View attachment 1324725

Mainly, yes, it will be like that, but minus the stars and differnt colors.

With Marvel having so many different ways to bring people back from the dead, I though using alien blood seemed kinda lame, I think because before they revealed what it was, internet forums we're going crazy at what could have brought him back....and some of the fan ideas were much more creative. But, all in all, I do enjoy the show and thought it got better and better. I don't watch tv shows very much, so I didn't have a lot to compare it to.

Haven't gotten a whole lot done. It's mostly been fixing little things. Like yesterday I painted one of the circles and came back a bit later to find a finger print on the edge. And I covered it in a box after spraying to keep any hairs or dust off it. No idea how I even did that, as I had no paint on my finger and I know no one else touched it. Weird. So anyways, here's a picture that best shows the actual color of this main circle.
20200713_212950.jpg

And here together. I'm also adding a wire in the back so it can hang on the wall. These colors are not accurate. The left one is more of a nickel color, not gold like it looks. Hobby shop says my styrene should be in any day now. Hopefully tomorrow.
20200715_225450_HDR.jpg

Git my styrene and got to work once home. And ran into a bunch of issues, like most all the pieces not lining up at all, even though I had printed out the logo. Tracing them got messed up. So been working on it and now it's looking better.
20200718_150842.jpg

It looks pretty good like this, but surely didn't line up.

20200718_154552.jpg

I reprinted the logo(between to papers and taped them together) so now I can make it best I can get it. Getting glued on the circle I made will probably also be quite a challenge.
20200718_180354~2.jpg

I thought that the best way to get everything lined up correctly would be to cut out the paper logo and place it over the circle and hope to get the pieces in the best place, the glue them on.

20200719_131110_HDR.jpg

And the parts sprayed silver. Always so afraid I'm going to mess this up.
20200719_134009.jpg

So I came home from work and decided I was ready to glue it all. But I was afraid it wouldn't line up right, and it didn't. Close, but not quite. Won't be able to get the pieces off now. And the one small piece I couldn't find.....until I looked on the floor. Upside down. So having to repaint that one.
Over all, not too bad, but theres some fixing needed.....

20200720_192900.jpg

I had on plastic gloves hoping to help with finger prints, since this silver seems to always leave marks, even when totally dry. But, it still left some marks even with gloves. Hopefully I can fix that.

20200720_192929_HDR.jpg

20200720_192955_HDR.jpg

I figure like with most projects, I'll see all the glaring problems screaming at me, where as anyone else who sees it will probably think it looks perfect and not even notice......hopefully at least......

Today at work, I decided I just wasn't happy enough with what I had, so I was able to get the one small part popped off, mostly good. Re-glued that and the other piece. Over all, they still don't line up perfectly, but much better than what I had. Once thats dry enough, I'll have to do what I really wanted to avoid, and thats blue tape everything up and paint only the silver parts again, but now glued on.
I also think I should have not used super glue and went with something that would give me more time to position the pieces. I guess thinking this would be a quick couple day project didn't work out.
So now, I'm wondering, seeing as how that silver rubs off and gets so easily destroyed with so much as even a slight tap....I think that after I do get it all painted and happy with it, I should use a clear gloss coat to hopefully protect it.
Any suggestions with brands, tips, tricks that might help me before I end up completely destroying this thing?

I notice in your one close up photo, that you have the one problem with cutting styrene. The edges need to be sanded down after cutting. I've had that happen plenty of times also where the edge sticks up a tad from the pressure of cutting. Pretty hard to avoid with styrene. I get that happening even with brand new #11 blades. I even go light and just go over and over many times, but still usually get those dang edges. But your logo is looking good though. I'd definitely clear coat it after repainting. And if you are gonna repaint it anyway, that'd give you a chance to sand down those edges a tad. I'm sure after you refinish, it's look great.

I notice in your one close up photo, that you have the one problem with cutting styrene. The edges need to be sanded down after cutting. I've had that happen plenty of times also where the edge sticks up a tad from the pressure of cutting. Pretty hard to avoid with styrene. I get that happening even with brand new #11 blades. I even go light and just go over and over many times, but still usually get those dang edges. But your logo is looking good though. I'd definitely clear coat it after repainting. And if you are gonna repaint it anyway, that'd give you a chance to sand down those edges a tad. I'm sure after you refinish, it's look great.

I actually did sand the edges. Not the first few pics, but before priming and painting, I sanded them down like crazy. I had some bad issues happen yesterday, which I'll post here in a little bit...but I believe I have a fix for it....I sure hope.

So for my some metallic tests, I posted on this thread here. Rattle Can Silver Tests

As for this AoS logo, sanding this panel made a mess, so I scrapped it off with a metal ruler and started over.

20200721_214148_HDR.jpg

Here it is re -primed, but before I even attempt to cover the back part in painters tape, I'm going to do a bunch of tests to try and get it right first.
I realize now, that with all these issues, I would have tackled this whole project differently...
Too late now.
20200722_215247.jpg

On a good note at least, I found a nice little F-toys AT-AT and bought it, which came in today. So snapped it together real quick and added to my collection.

20200722_212319.jpg

This now makes 9. Its been a few years since I last got one, which was the metal earth one.....that I did in either 2016 or 17....actual, looking again at the picture, I might have also been the one on the stand with the speeder going around it....I can't remember now.
I know the first one was the very left and 2nd biggest one, which was a 1983 kit my Mom had found at a garage sale about 20 years ago. I hadn't gotten into modeling like I am now, so it wasn't put together that great and a few of the parts are backwards. haha

20200722_212345.jpg

Decided with the silver tests I had done, to just try and pop off the eagle parts, which worked. Sand down the round part like crazy, repaint that and then also remake the eagle. Which I did. Painted everything. Went with the straight Rust-oluem metallic without primer. Cleaned off the parts before hand and made sure they were good as I sprayed, and immediately covered the box they were in. Came back about 20 mins later and theres a few cat hairs on some of the pieces... I'm just going to go to bed for now, this "quick and easy" project is going to kill me.

After taking a break from this, over the weekend I decided to resand the pieces with hair using a super fine steel wool. Got a new clean box, sprayed them and closing the box really good. All looked good. Let it dry for a while and checked it, and.....one piece still ended up with a hair on it. Figured, well, of the 8 pieces, only 1 wasn't bad this time. Left them all in the box so I wouldn't touch them and put a cover on it brought it inside. Checked the next day and found that the cat somehow had gotten in the box and stepped on them. I now have a cat with stubs............
(ok, not really) 4 of the pieces are still good, so I just have to redo the other 4...........AGAIN!!!!!
Telling you guys, this "SIMPLE" project is going to be the death of me.......

KilltheCat.jpg

Sanded, sanded, and sanded again. Not too bad this time. Still got a little hair in it. This chrome is such a hard paint to use.

20200913_180956.jpg

Becides the hair, it almost always gets these little bumps, even if the piece was perfectly smooth as I painted it. Some might be air bubbles, but I don't think it all is.
20200913_181029_HDR.jpg

I think probably just dust, from sanding or whatever. It doesn't take much of a little thing on the surface to catch the paint as you spray and become a big thing. It can be very frustrating. About all you can do is clean and clean again. I usually use a lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol for my final wipe, although that can be hard to get these days. A tack cloth is good as well, so long as it doesn't transfer any waxy residue.

I took a vacuum with the soft attachment to each piece first, then wiped them off a bunch. Then looked at each one at different angles as I put them into the box before painting. Also cleaning out the box before as well. Just seems to be the chrome this happens to.

So its a miracle!!!! Got all the pieces without any hairs. Some have a few little imperfections, but at this point, I'm like, who cares.
Just needed/wanted to get it done.
Decided to use tacky glue on the pieces, so I could have more time to move them around, which was much needed.
So it now in a closed box to dry overnight before hanging on the wall.
Heres a few pics at different angles, with and without flash.

AOS10.jpg

AOS09.jpg

AOS12.jpg

AOS11.jpg

That chrome paint was ridiculously hard to use. I love the chrome look, but I think I'll do something much different for a future project that needs it.
And I have other things to get done, but when I'm ready, I have my next project that just came in the mail yesterday.....which will be my 10th Walker.

20200917_212149_HDR.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back