Advice on Medieval plate armour in the UK

Skor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I'm considering a few items of Medieval plate armour for a small display - just a two helms and two pairs of gauntlets...

But due to the weight, I'm restricted to UK sellers, I think. Are there any well regarded retailers or anyone that's particually cheap? Prices seem to vary wildly for not much difference in quality, from what I can see (aside from people making stunning engraved suits!)

I'm not after heavy gauge steel, as it will not be used for re-enactment or anything, so cheap and nasty will be considered!

Thanks guys!

If you want anything near original armour I wouldn't go with any of those listed.
Like props, some are more authentic than others.

Also it depends which period you are looking at.

My harness is 15 century gothic plate and was made by Mark Vickers at St George Armoury, probably not the best but cetainly up there with the best.

Also it depends on how long you want to wait.

Any armourer worth buying from has a waiting list.

Like most things in life armour is a case of buyer beware.

Craig

To be honest, I'm looking at late 14th century basic plate. I ideally want some leather backed plate gauntlets and a Barbute style helm. Then on top of that my friend wants something along the lines of a Bascinet.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll be sure to check all these options out!

:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back