Ads taking most of screen space making site unusable

I can't eve n write this thread properly as I can't see text box
Screenshot_2020-01-10-10-35-16-922_com.android.chrome.png
Screenshot_2020-01-10-10-31-37-836_com.android.chrome.png
Screenshot_2020-01-10-10-35-16-922_com.android.chrome.png

Now im on my desktop.... On mobile the ad system is filling the screen up with adds that dont scroll away... You can some times get about one 4th of screen to scroll topics and read posts... But dont ever think about writing a post. The keyboard fills up that space and the ad doesnt even disappear or scroll away.

Now im on my desktop.... On mobile the ad system is filling the screen up with adds that dont scroll away... You can some times get about one 4th of screen to scroll topics and read posts... But dont ever think about writing a post. The keyboard fills up that space and the ad doesnt even disappear or scroll away.
I am on an iphone right now and there is nothing like this at all. Try taping the gray "up arrow" to collapse the ads up to the top. It looks like you have expanded the ad block down over the content.

mobile chrome on android
it might be that these ads arent compatable with the css
and i just happen to be getting served these styles of ads here

I tried using an android tablet and everything is fine but I don't have an android phone to test with.

All ads (3rd party or not) should still be in a DOM element container that should respect and responsive/styling. Unless the advertisers are hard coding things like WIDTH..etc on images or other elements.

Just checked my phone again... A couple hours ago the ads were still there... But now theyre gone. not sure if anyones done anything or if the cache being supplied to me has timed out...

Wouldnt that be a cache in your local browser?

If the ad is out of 'rotation' and you are still seeing it.. perhaps local then?
(I rarely visit on my phone unfortunately)

Wouldnt that be a cache in your local browser?

If the ad is out of 'rotation' and you are still seeing it.. perhaps local then?
(I rarely visit on my phone unfortunately)
by cached i mean what ever the add service is deemed adverts for me today maybe based off analytics

I'm getting ads that cover most of the screen using Opera on an android phone. Can't actually see what I'm typing as the keyboard covers the only bit of screen that's not an advert. With the collapsible ad closed:
Screenshot_20200120-190438.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back