Acrylics or enamals?

stoods77

Hi all,
I just want to know what paint is best to use acrylics, enamals or both. Also which is better for skin, armour etc.
Any help is appreciated.

cheers

On anything latex, you should use acrylic, inks or airbrush paint mixed with latex or prosaide medical adhesive, you can use enamels on the resin or plastic pieces...but I still prefer acrylics ..they are water based and make dealing with mistakes much more managable

I'd go with acrylic too as it's safer and easier to clean brushes/reapir mistakes. No nasty fumes from paints or solvents but I still wear a respirator if airbrushing acrylic.

On anything latex, you should use acrylic, inks or airbrush paint mixed with latex or prosaide medical adhesive, you can use enamels on the resin or plastic pieces...but I still prefer acrylics ..they are water based and make dealing with mistakes much more managable
I agree on this too. I started out using acrylics painting my dread rings but it was just not taking. After painting like five of them I switched to enamel paint and it takes to them alot better. I would use acrylics on latex though.

I agree on this too. I started out using acrylics painting my dread rings but it was just not taking. After painting like five of them I switched to enamel paint and it takes to them alot better. I would use acrylics on latex though.
You tried hitting them with primer or plastics primer first?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back