About the full-sized F-8 Crusader cockpit...

Prop-Maker

I think it was MigMan/Migman... something like that. Please chime in. I'm interested in doing something like that as a project and have questions/need pictures, etc. Thanks,
PM.

Awesome. Thank you much, sir. I'm thinking of building (VERY slowly, but surely) a fighter cockpit replica. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, yet, but I would like information on sources, etc. Coming across some good stuff, thanks to webcrawler, etc. already. If I save my pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters... I could probably put together an ENTIRE, flying aircraft. All the parts floating around out there on the web... yeesh.

Originally posted by Prop-Maker@Feb 28 2006, 02:17 AM
If I save my pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters... I could probably put together an ENTIRE, flying aircraft. All the parts floating around out there on the web... yeesh.
[snapback]1195290[/snapback]​

Or how about one of these...
ViperJet

MikeJ

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate the help. I e-mailed him, once I got confirmation he was the guy I was looking for and haven't heard back, yet. If you'd like to drop him a line in my behalf, that'd be nice. I mean, I could always e-mail him a second time, but I wouldn't want to bug him. I've got some good sources for great cockpit repros, but (unfortunately) they're all about F-16 and F-15 replicas. Although they look great, they're not what I'm going for. I'm aiming for something older. Along the lines of an A-7, F-4 or something obscure, like the F-101 Voodoo or something like that.

Also thinking about constructing an F-104 Starfighter cockpit. I wanna do this with all original parts. Might have to fabricate a lot of stuff, though. Lessons learned from this project will eventually go into making a full size Viper Mk. II cockpit. :D I'll save that for another thread. :D

Have you tried looking up the guys in the Confederate Air Force? They specialize in Vintage aircraft. There's also a company that builds full size replica aircraft. I saw one of the XJ-1 and it's the one they bring to Air Shows across the states. Can't remember the name of their company but they are out there. :D

AWESOME. Thanks, sir. Did you mean Commemorative Air Force? I'm at their site, now. But I don't think it's the one you're talking about. I'd like to do this, the more I think about it and depending on how well this pit turns out, I'm gonna look into doing a full size Viper Mk. II cockpit. :D Anyone know which one of us did the full-sized X-Wing cockpit? I'm SURE it was an RPFer.

I'll call Migman in the morning and tell him about this thread.

I think I heard the Confederate Air Force changed their name to the Commemorative Air Force. I saw their beautiful B-24 Liberator last spring.

Matt

Sorry for the delay I have been busy and just saw this thread. I actually sold the F-8 cockpit in December but I still have my MiG-21 cockpit and my F-100 simulator along with quite a bit of other seats, panels, controls, canopies, etc.

Email me at antonovpilot@aol.com and I will be happy to help. I am sending you a PM as well.

Here are a few pictures of the MiG-21

-MM

URGH...... Why does Russia insist on using that ghastly green interior in their cockpits?

Really puts me off flying any of their aircraft/helos.

Hard to say. But don't let that put you off, RKW. Give it a shot. :D By the way, PM sent, MigMan.

There's an old joke...

If you want a Starfighter (F-104)....Buy an acre of land, and wait.... 

M
Looks like I'll have to buy an acre of land. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back