Abner Ravenwood journal

Petertiger

Sr Member
Like most replica props it's always good to make improvements to them,and with Abners journal I've noticed that some replicas have got what I think is the letter of transit from the movie Casablanca,however I can't find a good quality image of it in order to recreate one as an insert in my replica journal can any members please help thank you

IIRC one of the anniversary editions had a postcard sized version with it.

Indy Magnoli was selling one but it didn't look accurate to to one in the movie.
No offense to IM, the piece he put out was really well done, I got a chance to handle one a few years back along with his Richard Blane passport.

Funny, a couple minutes if searching brings up the actual prop that is also in the Blue Ray DX box set, I have the regular DVD version.
DSC_0066.jpg

• Yes I know i found that one when I looked but it's the other part I'm looking that's got ETAT FRANCAIS stamped in red for but thanks anyway

Question. Is the Abner journal something fans have created? Or was this prop seen somewhere? I don’t know the lineage on this one.
It's the note book which Indiana Jones uses in the map room in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I'm guessing that at some point a fan did make it up as you don't see it in detail in the movie, but according to the Indiana Jones timeline Abner Ravenwood (Marion 's dad) who was Indy's teacher at Chicago university did search for the Ark of the covenant and did send his journal to Indy asking for his help hope this clears things up for you.

Last edited:
The picture you posted is Indy Magnoli's creation.

If that is what you are after, perhaps contact him to see if he can do a custom for you.
EDIT
He makes the version you're after.
LINK

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back