Aayla Secura

Thanks for all the comments :)

an update:

I have filled in the print around the top and following the suggestion from a friend I filled my airbrush with a mix of diluted fabric paint and also darkened the whole top overall and it looks a heck of a lot more accurate!! Wish I'd thought of that myself ;) The dye didnt work but this did a treat!

P1010024.jpg

the colour will dry in the same tone as the print next to it, it just looks much darker when wet.

and then the overall darkened top

P1010025.jpg

I think it looks loads better and I'm really pleased with it :D You can also see where I filled in some more print at the side on the overall darker top :) and on the inside of the top you can still see the original lighter colour for comparison :)

x

Have taken a pic for better colours:

KIT.jpg

and I am remaking the earbuds as they are a tad small:

Earbuds.jpg

the blue one is obviously the old one for comparison :) am sculpting the buds out of lightweight modelling mass. They will shrink by 8% as they dry but the size looks a lot more accurate now.

Um... yeah, I think that's it :)

My costume is still a tad on the dark side, but I used alot of reference in comic books for colour too and from my favourite action figure of Aayla:

07.jpg

How long did it take from start to finish? (If you are done everything that you are going to tweak) It is amazing.

Well, depends how you look at it :p Cause I'm a poor student its taken me a while to acquire all the things I need, I would say I have been buying here and there for about 1 1/2 months. I actually made the whole costume in one weekend that is sewing etc but thats because I had been thinking about how to do it for a long time already ;)

Am just waiting for the ear buds to dry, so I suppose with that included it would be an extra week. Not too long :)

x

I was thinking of ordering some Lekku from Pam. I'm just curious as to how flexible the lekku are. Do they have a small amount of movement or are they pretty solid?

You make a beautiful Aayla.....and very nice attention to detail...what kind of saber is that? Did she have that particular one in AOTC or ROTS?

You make a beautiful Aayla.....and very nice attention to detail...what kind of saber is that? Did she have that particular one in AOTC or ROTS?

It flip flops:
promo_rots1.jpg

saberwiki-swcreators-aayla_secura-a.jpg

But it's usually the one on top usually associated with Ki-Adi Mundi. It's always the one she uses in the Clone Wars series.

I was thinking of ordering some Lekku from Pam. I'm just curious as to how flexible the lekku are. Do they have a small amount of movement or are they pretty solid?

Hiya,

the lekku are made of latex and filled with a soft leightweight foam. There are not rockhard but have a nice soft, skin like feel to them. However they are not bendy etc so wouldn't suit those twi'lek characters where the lekku drape around the shoulders etc. I believe Pam is working on new lekku though as she is doing a Darth Talon ;) check out her website! It's a wealth of information!!
Just google Pams twi lek creations :)

x

It's almost a little creepy how they move. Pam did such a wonderful job on them. She actually uses three different kinds of foam to make it feel the way it does, but yes....totally agree.....they want to be the shape they are and wouldn't do anything else. They just have a sort of natural "bouce" to them that makes them more life like.

Our local Aayla has Pam's lekku, and they are really really nice. Well worth the $$.

The only thing I've seen more organic looking is dragon skin, but making something that big out of the silicone stuff would cost a fortune and be near unpaintable by mere mortals!

Just a quick piccie from the event I attended at the weekend :) Me with our resident Obi-wan lookalike ;)

Aayla.jpg

better lighting here and have also got new boots! Am in need of a saber with a blade though.

x

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back