AA/Diamond $20 Star Trek Communicator: modified with metal parts

Re: AA/Diamond $20 Star Trek Communicator: photos, review, autopsy, VIDEO

Yhe sound does seem to be better than the STTE version.

Speaking of HMS kits, you might also try using the AA electronics in the HMS.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I bought a case of these and I am just going to use the electronics out of a few of them to upgrade kits. I think that would be much easyer (and will turn out better) than trying to mode the DS piece itself. Still a comm electronics kit with the spinning moire for 20 bucks :love. That is hard to beat. An electronics kit without the audio clips is over 100.00.

Checking this thread made me want one, so I just ordered mine, cant wait for it to arrive!!!

And to think I get no kickbacks from these companies. :lol

:unsure

Hey if that Mego Communicator wasn't enough for you, our favorite Trekkie role-playing kids are at it again in the MEGO TRICORDER commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hc6WRJao18

The Mego Tricorder... so cool, you have to hide it in a wooden chest so noone will see it.

But wait! That's not all. To REALLY suck the fun out of your day, you have to have a STAR TREKULATOR. It... "trekulates." :unsure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyHeZ_2gnjU&feature=related

And if you've been really naughty... you'll be made to wear The Helmet.

imageuploadimageqd6.jpg

Last edited:

I wonder if that helmet would protect the wearer from the beatings that it instigated?

I guess that's ultimately why I'm always happy when they come out with a Star Trek toy that doesn't suck and isn't totally lame. It's because when I was a kid, all Star Trek toys sucked and were lame. :lol

I guess that's ultimately why I'm always happy when they come out with a Star Trek toy that doesn't suck and isn't totally lame. It's because when I was a kid, all Star Trek toys sucked and were lame. :lol

You could have trekulated how lame they were if you had a trekulator :unsure

Here is the Entertaintment Earth exclusives sounds...........

"Your signal is very weak can you turn up your gain?" Spock

"Enterprise this is Kirk"

"Spock here Captain."

"Bridge, this is the Captain."

"Scotty here, Captain."

"Transporter room, ready to beam up." Kirk

"Bridge here Captain." Uhura

"Enterprise to Mr. Spock" Kirk

And the call back....

"Captain, shall I beam down an armed party?" Spock

Last edited:

The antenna is shiny gold chrome.

IMG_1666_resize.jpg

IMG_1667_resize.jpg

Last edited:

:lol:lol OMG that trekulator is awesome! A digital calculator that never makes a mistake. That's its main selling point :lol

Mego did a wonderful job at taking existing products and just slapping the name Star Trek on it to sell it to kids.

What the heck's up with those helmets? Did the folks at Mego ever actually watch the show?

Exclusives PC board, as suspected, the jumper is open.

IMG_1669_resize.jpg

Thanks for the Exclusive shots, Cessna.

OK so for one thing, the packaging on these things does not reflect the product. The box front says there's supposed to be a Scotty phrase ("Aye Captain, Scott out") which does not exist. It also says that it features the voice of "Dr. McCoy", which it does not.

It even claims to feature "over 20 sound effects", and there's no way to count them up and get 20... there's only six regular voice phrases, one additional in the Exclusive, the callback phrase, the call beep, and the opening chirp. That's a maximum of ten.

It looks like your moire on the Exclusive is a bit clearer than on mine. This could be due to better lighting in the flash photography.

- k

Exclusives PC board, as suspected, the jumper is open.

IMG_1669_resize.jpg
Dumb question, but how can get mine like that? What do I need to do?

THANKS for the review and all the pics! Can't wait now for the Tricorder! (y)thumbsup

Thanks for the Exclusive shots, Cessna.

OK so for one thing, the packaging on these things does not reflect the product. The box front says there's supposed to be a Scotty phrase ("Aye Captain, Scott out") which does not exist. It also says that it features the voice of "Dr. McCoy", which it does not.

It even claims to feature "over 20 sound effects", and there's no way to count them up and get 20... there's only six regular voice phrases, one additional in the Exclusive, the callback phrase, the call beep, and the opening chirp. That's a maximum of ten.

It looks like your moire on the Exclusive is a bit clearer than on mine. This could be due to better lighting in the flash photography.

- k

I think the flash makes it look better.

It is printed pretty dodgy on both disks.

Sucks about the sounds. McCoy would have been nice to include.

OH, right, we all remember Spock's Mating Helmet from "Amok Time".

And who could forget the character's rabid fascination with cheesy ray guns.

worstphasereverhy7.jpg

190a3tk2.jpg

Last edited:

Haha :lol i love the based on the exciting tv series selling point.
Which TV series was it ?

Only 1 grenade :angry

Ironically (or perhaps not), the "Star Trek Rocket Pistol" is just another repop of Remco's Hamilton's Invaders (or perhaps "Monkey Division") grenade pistol. This toy was the basis for the first season laser pistol on the exciting CBS show, "Lost In Space"!

lisooodimpistolsgr4.jpg

Got my EE Exclusive Comm today and I just can't stop smiling. I would have given anything for one of these when I was a wee lad watching TOS and now I have one that's completely built, accurate enough, and has working lights, sounds, and moving parts right out of the box for a measly $29 bucks. Holy crap this thing is awesome!

Gonna have to buy some replacement batteries, I think I'm going to wear these suckers out in the first day!

I picked one up today. From the post earlier it seems to have the sounds from the EE version.

The sound is very clear and the moire spins much quieter than the STE version.

The controls are a little cheesier in looks, but I can live with that. The hinges have a bit that sticks out so the antennae doesn't flip open all the way, just far enough.

Good fun for 30 bucks!

I can't wait for the Tricorder!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back