A Predator vs. a Na'vi

jaded

The question is: Who would win if a predator landed on Pandora and was hunting one of the Na'vi?

For the sake of this discussion let's say that the hunt/battle takes place in the forest surrounding HomeTree and could work it's way to the Floating Haleluya Mountains. The predator's skill level is that of Wolf's and the Na'vi would be one of the best warriors in the tribe and is also aware that he is being hunted. The pred is equipped with the normals and the Na'vi has his bow, knife, and has the use of his horse and banshee. So, what do you think?

I think the pred might simply the fact that the gun is going to do some damage.He takes out the riding animal and thatblue kangaroo thing is going down.

Good question it would be harder for him to kill a Na'vi because the are
taller than him, if they ever made it into a movie it would be insane I guess
it wouldn't matter then because the pred has allways died in every movie.

Predator. Earlier in the movie, it was said that the Na'vi home world has week gravity (that's why the sergeant was always working out). Now, the predator home world has stronger gravity. So, even though the Na'vi are 10 feet tall, the predators 7 foot tall frame has more power. And on top of that, the predators home world is also all "naturalish", so they know how to navigate in those kinds of environments. (And, if preds own on Earth, which has weaker gravity than their home planet, imagine the Na'vi planet with weaker gravity than Earth) :)

I'm thinking about a new skull for the trophy room.
confused0002.gif
fighting0020.gif

confused0002.gif

fighting0020.gif

I am thinking that the Predator (Wolf), would be killing everything. But that said, if the Predator was alone, He would get killed at some point in time. The Na'vi are also a hunter race and appear to have been one for some time. My question here, is what would a "Na'vi Alien" look like? A 10 to 12 foot tall bug, maybe blueish? That would mean that the Predators would need to set up shop for the hunting party like on earth. Queen, egg chamber. That movie would kick ass. Just a thought though. Talk about a trophy room with some cool skulls!!

Predator, no contest. Pred agility is at least equal to blue pussycats, and he's stronger and more resilient. I think he'd forget about the Na'vi and hunt some seriously dangerous game like that hunting critter that the girl rides towards the end (killed by the Colonel). Or maybe the hammerheaded rhino things. Pred wins this one easy.

Predator, no contest. Pred agility is at least equal to blue pussycats, and he's stronger and more resilient. I think he'd forget about the Na'vi and hunt some seriously dangerous game like that hunting critter that the girl rides towards the end (killed by the Colonel). Or maybe the hammerheaded rhino things. Pred wins this one easy.
You mean the Thanator. Funnily, I found this quote on Wikipedia. (The Thanator (Palulukan in Na'vi language) is a large hexapodal land predator.[20] Cameron personally designed the creature.[21] Its appearance is similar to a panther; Cameron describes the Thanator as "a panther from hell". The director explained how the Thanator is the most fearsome creature on Pandora, "The Thanator could eat a T-Rex and have the Alien Queen for dessert.")
However, I could definitely see it's skull on some badass pred elders wall, along with a bunch of viperwolf skulls.
navi_warrior_on_thanator_in_avatar-.jpg

ViperWolf.jpg

navi_warrior_on_thanator_in_avatar-.jpg

ViperWolf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because they're tall they're as strong as a Predator? Oh well, battle won right there!

"Good question it would be harder for him to kill a Na'vi because the are
taller than him, if they ever made it into a movie it would be insane I guess
it wouldn't matter then because the pred has allways died in every movie."

Oh holy ****, it's all over. James Cameron has discovered the Predators weakness - something that's taller than it is. Oh ****!

The Predator would ruin the entire race. I don't care if they ride on other animals or how tall they are. Actually, it would be hand to hand. The Predator would pound the **** out of them because the Predator is a real, physical creature, and not something digitized into a computer. He would find the actor who modeled for the movements and destroy him. Then, the Programmers would scream as it raged toward them. Then he would find Cameron and slap the **** out of him. Mind you, it would be almost comical as the completely physical Predator thrusts blows into a cartoony character. The character would probably pull a "Mummy" and open it's mouth in cartoonish proportions only to be utterly raped by the fist of the mighty Predator. Then, he would go after the "monster things" from the new movie "Legion" because they all look like retard remakes of the "Mummy" ******** distortion. OH ****.. he's got longer arms and walks like a crab!!! Wait.. no, his mouth opens 10 times the size it should!!

The Predator would destroy the Na'vi or whatever. He would catch one of those flying MECH things, and hurl it towards the nearest director.

Sure, my post is bitter as it very well should be. IF this type of movie-making is the WAY of things to come, **** it. It's still CGI and therefore just an elaborate, overly animated cartoon and it will look like nothing more or less on screen.

And as far as pitting the Predator against **** like this.. what the ****? You're on a Predator forum and he loses? That's ******* weak. CGI or not, he would ruin the entire species and then **** up the human characters. His vengeance would be so profound, the very thought of a sequel would send writers into seizures.

*EDIT*

Really, Mr Cameron... that stupid looking cock-douche lion retard would rip the head off of your claim to Sci-Fi fame? That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen, and I've only seen one really bad screen cap. Dude... seriously. You need to think before you talk. You're an awesome artist and conceptualist, but shut up. Trying to belittle one of the biggest sci-fi GOLIATHS with a quote that ends in the Alien Queen as desert? I'm sorry. Your blue pussycat with more legs than it needs is a generic fart. Seriously, I could troll tons of different websites and find the same ******* thing, over and over and over again. Gay.

Yeah, the more I think about this, the more obvious it becomes. The Na'vi are the Amazon Indians and the Predator is the....well, THE PREDATOR! I really don't think the Preds would even bother to hunt the natives, but go after some of the wildlife instead. The Na'vi are probably the softest things on Pandora and their poison arrows may not even affect the Preds. A Pred wouldn't waste his time with them. The weak gravity would be a factor, and the Predator would be in the ideal environment. The Preds would set up a training ground for sure though. The bugs spawned from the animals on Pandora would be seriously dangerous and therefore excellent trophies. The Preds would come in, pick a spot, drop a queen, and that would be the end of the Na'vi. It would be interesting to see how the aliens dealt with the big hammerheads. Their armor is too strong for small arms fire, and maybe resistant to acid blood. Who knows? Any way, Preds come, take over, end of story. Bye bye blue pussycats!

Nah, not Preds. They're way to awesome alone. Besides, no matter how much I like Avatar, I still think Wolf and a couple of his Elder buddies would obliterate Pandora.

my biggest beef....why don't the na'vi have six limbs? most other creatures on pandora have six limbs. from an evolutionary standpoint, they should have six limbs as well.
pred would tear em apart.

i just seen Avatar, and as far as i can see the Na'vi are very good hunters/warriors not depending on technology.
Even though that a Na'vi is definately bigger than a Predator, it would still be a most interesting fight that i would really want to see....
as far as who would win, i will have to say that it depends on the scenerio, circumstances and the environment they are fighting in.
i mean what type of gas is it that the Na'vi breath?
we know that Predators breath methane gas, but can they breath Pandoras air?
now can the Na'vi breath air from earth or the predator home world?
i think these are the things that would really matter in a face off between predator and the na'vi....

but personaly i would say that a head to head no technology only primative weapons fight between them!
PREDATORS will always win (even though they always die)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back