A L I E N Narcissus *Completed*

Thank you very much Adinelt.
Due to the resolution of the reference images, it was sometimes difficult to line up the crisp CAD lines of the model with the pixels of the references and any difference was only apparent once the physical model was finished.
As I noted in my previos post, these have all been corrected in the digital model (and were all less than 1mm).
I plan to go in and do a touch more to the weathering too before adding a sealing coat - as you have noted, it could do with being a little heavier in a few places. Again, this is much easier in hindsight with the comparison photos to use as a guide!

Not sure what the next project will be - I''ll definitely post it up on here when I do though!

Amazing work. Would love to know more about a kit, but I cant bring myself to sign up for Facebook... Is there a way to see that info without signing up?

Cheers

NS4,
I saw that this great thread popped up again last week.
I d been following this from the start a few years when I wasn‘t a member of the forum here. Anyway I just want to thank you for sharing your fantastic project.

It was your attention to detail and techniques here that first sparked the idea of using CAD to tackle my own project. Thank you again.

NS4,
I saw that this great thread popped up again last week.
I d been following this from the start a few years when I wasn‘t a member of the forum here. Anyway I just want to thank you for sharing your fantastic project.

It was your attention to detail and techniques here that first sparked the idea of using CAD to tackle my own project. Thank you again.
Thanks very much, that's very kind.
It really was my pleasure. The feedback I received while I was working on the project was one of the primary motivations that kept me going.
I'm honored that I could provide some inspiration for your project. Best of luck!

Thanks very much, that's very kind.
It really was my pleasure. The feedback I received while I was working on the project was one of the primary motivations that kept me going.
I'm honored that I could provide some inspiration for your project. Best of luck!
As one of the spectator of that project, it was easy to follow not only because of the research/effort you put into it, but because the final model was of such high quality :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:

As one of the spectator of that project, it was easy to follow not only because of the research/effort you put into it, but because the final model was of such high quality :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:
As always, thanks for your kind words Joberg.
It's been a while since I've been on the board and good to still see a few familiar faces. Hope you are keeping well :)

Really, exquisite and precise work! One quick question... What was the actual scale of long lost shooting model? From the information you posted here it would suggest 1/24th scale? I'm building a digital model of the Narcissus in Fusion 360 and would be very much like to aim for accuracy.

I had the great pleasure of building one of these very beautiful kits last year, and everything you think about this kit is true. Its amazingly awesome and inspirational (to me) for using the original methods of construction with the armature, perspex sheet etc. It's simply "the nutts".

NS4, Encore please ;-).

Link to a vid of the completed kit i built if you fancy a look.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back