A different kind of showoff thread

mrsmartypants

I'm big on having things framed; really, nicely framed.

An excellent frame job can make a picture/poster/item look absolutely amazing.

I've been getting my huge backlog of items to be framed whittled down over the last couple of years and thought I'd show some of them off. I have a woman that frames for me that does an outstanding job and I usually drop something new off every 2-3 months.

Here's just a couple to get things started. I'll add some more over the next few days, including the one I just picked up today: B/W of Raquel Welch...the 1,000,000 years BC poster framed in silver and black. :love

I'll start it off with some things from my rock and roll collection :thumbsup

First up is my Sammy Hagar-era VH shadowbox. Everything in it is from their 2004 album and tour: autographed photo, guitar picks from Ed, Mike Anthony and Hagar, Alex VH drumstick, all my laminated passes, a custom laser cut VH logo and the CD cover and liner notes. The frame is out of Italy with hand-laid silver. The guitar picks and laminates "float" in the display and the logo and photo are recessed for a nicely contrasting piece. This baby is bad-a-s-s-e-d!!

vhbox1.jpg

Here's a close-up of the scaled silver portion that shows me the glass is dusty and needs to be cleaned. :lol

vhbox2.jpg

Next is a poster-sized print of VH's 1984 album artwork. Also in a hand-laid silver frame from Italy. The reflection in the glass from the staircase behind me looks kind of cool.

jumpbaby1.jpg

Here's a close-up view of the frame:

jumpbabyclose1.jpg

Switching gears a little, here's one of my favorite movie posters of all time - Grindhouse:

grindhouse1.jpg

Here's a close-up of the frame:

grindhousecloseup1.jpg

More to come and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Nicely done, no doubt about it. Plus, if done correctly, they protect your pieces for many years! I think it ups the value 10 or 20 percent as well!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back