A couple of SBY 2199 ships

Madhatter

Sr Member
hi guys

I know a few of you have seen these ships elsewhere, but I am going to be starting the big Domelaze at the end of Feb as part of a Sci-Fi group build and once it's done, I'll post pics of it here as well. In the mean time, I thought I would quickly pop these ones up of the 3 ships that I have already done.
First up - the Haizerado Class battleship "Shangri-La"

Next - the Battle Carrier "Darold" - quite possibly the worst name ever for a war craft

and third and finally, the little drone that comes with the Battleship:

Anyway, that's all I have for now, but I will post shots of the huge Domelaze once it's done.
Thanks for looking
MH

Very cool. I like the more gritty look compared to some of the brighter/cleaner more anime like paint jobs I've seen

I haven't followed the story much and have not seen the new 2199 series, but I have taken a a new interest to all the ship designs. I remember "Star Blazers" from when I was a kid and always loved the designs

I just recently picked up an expansion kit for the 1/500 yamato and will be getting the actual 1/500 soon as a start to hopefully many more to come from this series

I was exactly the same - I had know idea about the show but liked the updated ship designs. I have since watched the anime show and the love action movie and have developed quite a like for them.
I'd like to see kits of the Earth ships at the beginning of the live action movie as they were really quite cool. The anime ones not so much. I also have the green tripe decker carrier and the core command ship to build yet. I will probably make a start on them soon

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!

Dammit, man, I'm trying to resist getting anything in 1/1000 scale!
But they're soooo pretty!

Do it man. They are a good size when completed and lend themselves well for extra detailing and lighting

Terrific work mate, they look magnificent!

I love the designs from the Yamato universe and have been a fan since the original Star Blazers was broadcast in the late 70's.

I have a Bandai Cosmo Falcon in my stash - I hope I can do it justice.

Do it man. They are a good size when completed and lend themselves well for extra detailing and lighting

Oh, I've been tempted! But I've already amassed a collection of 1/72 space & air fighters, 1/100 mechs & a few 1/5000 ships. I've got to be selective!
If I WERE to take on this scale, I'd probably grab the Yamato, one of the Earth ship packs and a few Gamilas ships, Macross Quarter, The Enterprise & Reliant, etc. I've even seen some good shapeways versions of the Normandy, Discovery, and Serenity at this scale.

I put a lot of though into it, but my future display wall is only going to be about 8 feet long...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back