A Christmas Story house for sale

I would, literally, go insane if I had to maintain a museum, tours and gift shop for this movie.

I would, literally, go insane if I had to maintain a museum, tours and gift shop for this movie.
I would do it, if the money was right, lol.

In all seriousness, we were looking at making that happen. I work with a few of the cast, and we had expressed an interest in buying it and continuing to run it, but right now it isn’t looking too good; there is a lot going on behind the scenes… ugly stuff… as there is a lot of bad blood between the owner and the cast due to past experiences. Let’s just say the owner burned a lot of bridges and cast like Peter Billingsley won’t even step foot on the property. The only one permitted on the property is Zack Ward - Scut Farkus, lol.

So the owner is refusing to even consider the cast purchasing the house at this time. I was in Cleveland with a few of the cast for a few news shows last week, and we stopped by the house to grab lunch and walk around, but that went VERY badly.

Is the owner that vindictive that he would rather sell to perfect strangers than the cast? Or are there equal shares of bad blood on both sides? That’s sad to hear.

That is sad to hear. I'm huge on always trying to see people work out bad blood.
If I've bumped heads with any coworkers, which has happened in the past, some wouldn't even talk with me, yet, I didn't even know what I did. We'll, I did everything possible to turn it around. Takes time sometimes, but in the end, I'm actually really good friends with everyone, and even quite close to those that seemed to hate me just over a year ago.
Wish that could happen more with people.

Is the owner that vindictive that he would rather sell to perfect strangers than the cast? Or are there equal shares of bad blood on both sides? That’s sad to hear.
Today the bad blood seems to be a little bit on both sides, but it did start with the treatment of the cast by the owner.

Watch TMZ in the next day or two. You will see exactly how he talks and treats a cast member.

I would do it, if the money was right, lol.

In all seriousness, we were looking at making that happen. I work with a few of the cast, and we had expressed an interest in buying it and continuing to run it, but right now it isn’t looking too good; there is a lot going on behind the scenes… ugly stuff… as there is a lot of bad blood between the owner and the cast due to past experiences. Let’s just say the owner burned a lot of bridges and cast like Peter Billingsley won’t even step foot on the property. The only one permitted on the property is Zack Ward - Scut Farkus, lol.

So the owner is refusing to even consider the cast purchasing the house at this time. I was in Cleveland with a few of the cast for a few news shows last week, and we stopped by the house to grab lunch and walk around, but that went VERY badly.
Cue the bulldozier and let the building of condos begin!

Told him and of course there are 2 sides to every story….
I know the two sides, and this was uncalled for. But the owner is going through a lot in his personal life and just snapped. The strange thing was he spoke to Yano in a very cordial call the day before, and this happened the next day.

I know the two sides, and this was uncalled for. But the owner is going through a lot in his personal life and just snapped. The strange thing was he spoke to Yano in a very cordial call the day before, and this happened the next day.
Perhaps the owner thought that he was dealing with the actor who played Flick and only then realized he was dealing with the man who played Grover Dill; Scut’s “crummy little toady”…?

;)

Please enlighten us if you know both sides.

It seems the owner did not like the go fund me account opened up to buy the house even though it is inactive.

Why would he call Yano a scammer?

Please enlighten us if you know both sides.

It seems the owner did not like the go fund me account opened up to buy the house even though it is inactive.

Why would he call Yano a scammer?
I am really not at liberty to say much, but I can say that this goes much deeper than crowd funding. There is a long history of bad blood, with all the cast (except Zack Ward), and this GofundMe was just a current thing on his mind when he blew up.
And it is highly hypocritical of him to even try to claim this outburst was all about Yano “asking for donations”… when he bought the house, Brian Jones had people donate money, construction labor, construction materials, furnishings for the house, and other things, so this man wasn’t above taking donations himself when he started this business.

The real anger has roots in another situation and that is why you hear him saying later in the video, “Do you know how much you ****** me over?”. Let’s just say that this was the major portion of his anger. It has to do with the selling of the house and legal stuff with Warner Bros. Yano announced the whole cast was going to be in town for a news show and the owner jumped the gun on something, because he wanted to capitalize on the publicity of the cast being all over the news. He jumped the gun on something Warner Bros asked him to hold off on until they sorted out some licensing things. So Warner Bros was NOT happy with the owner. Then most of the cast backed out of coming to Cleveland and Yano was the only one that showed up on TV. That ultimately left the owner feeling screwed because he now pissed off the license holder of his entire operation, for nothing. Combine that anger/emotion with the fact that he just came out of the Rowley Inn bar across the street, at midday, lol, and he found somewhere to direct his anger…. blaming Yano for the business decision HE, the owner made, and for pissing off Warner.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back