60's Batman Villains

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I thought it would be fun to compile a list of Actors who played the parts of guest Villains in the 60's Batman TV series, no doubt i have probably missed a couple however i was surprised to see some name's included in the list that i would never have expected to appear in a such a show, one name that stand's out is that of Eli Wallach.

As for villain's the most noticeable missing from the list are Two Face, Scare Crow and poison Ivy, I'm guessing these villain's were developed later on after the show ended. Of all the villains, the Penguin appeared the most. He made 26 appearances during the show's run.

Anyway here is the list compiled from 120 episodes over 3 season's.

Joker - Cesar Remero
Penguin - Burgess Meredith
The Riddler - Frank Gorshin, John Astin
Chandel - Liberace
Queen of Diamonds - Carolyn Jones
Shame - Cliff Robertson
Puzzler - Maurice Evans
Sandman - Michael Rennie
Colonel Gum - Roger C Carmel
Black Widow - Tallulah Bankhead
Siren - Joan Collins
Lola Lasagne - Ethel Merman
Louie the Lilac - Milton Berle
Olga, Queen of the Cossacks - Anne Baxter
Lord Marmaduke Ffogg - Rudy Vallee
Lady Penelope Peasoup - Glynis Johns
Nora Clavicle - Barbara Rushh
Calamity Jane - Dina Merril
Dr Cassandra Spellcraft - Ida Lupino
Cabala - Howard Duff
Minerva - Zsa Zsa Gabore
Cat Woman - Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt
Mr Freeze - George Sanders, Otto Preminger, Eli Wallach
Zelda The Great - Anne Baxter
Mad Hatter - David Wayne
Book Worm - Roddy McDowall
False Face - Malachi
King Tut - Victor Buono
The Archer - Art Carney
Minstrel - Van Johnson
Ma Parker - Shelly Winters
Clock King - Walter Slezak
Egg Head - Vincent Price

Re: 60's Batman Villian's

great list of villains.....

scarecrow and two-face were developed in the early 40's i think and Poison Ivy is 1966

maybe scarecrow and two-face were too scary for a kids tv show in the 60's.....Adam West's batman was a little less dark than the current batman

Talking with a friend of mine who is a big film and TV buff, apparently there was a shooting script, standing by at all times, just in case Burgess Meredith happened to be free to play the Penguin. They would bump the scheduled episode to film the Penguin if possible. I don't know how true it is, but it makes a good story. :)

Charlie

Talking with a friend of mine who is a big film and TV buff, apparently there was a shooting script, standing by at all times, just in case Burgess Meredith happened to be free to play the Penguin. They would bump the scheduled episode to film the Penguin if possible. I don't know how true it is, but it makes a good story. :)

Charlie

yeah i read this too, i also read that Clint Eastwood was lined up to play two face

I love that they had really good actors as the villains and short of the animated series none of them have been as good since. Two face might have also been too complicated for a tv show with the makeup involved.

Cesar Remero irritated the **** out of me, 'cuse the language, but the guy took on the role, knowing he would have to shave, and then kicked up a stink so much, after he was hired, that they just makeup'ed over it, and let him have his way.

Butch got his way in more ways than one in the Biz!

Cesar Remero irritated the **** out of me, 'cuse the language, but the guy took on the role, knowing he would have to shave, and then kicked up a stink so much, after he was hired, that they just makeup'ed over it, and let him have his way.

METV Me-TV Network | Memorable Entertainment Television Just got this show on Saturday nights at 7:00 & 7:30 PM EST.
Me-TV Network | Batman
I haven't watched it in years, I LOVE it!!
Lynn

I've been setting it to record on the dvr and watching with my son. Very good times! When I was a wee lad I can remember watching this show and then convincing my mom to pin a towel around my neck while i wore my Batman underoos over my clothes. I would run up and down the sidewalk singing the theme song.:lol

I've been setting it to record on the dvr and watching with my son. Very good times! When I was a wee lad I can remember watching this show and then convincing my mom to pin a towel around my neck while i wore my Batman underoos over my clothes. I would run up and down the sidewalk singing the theme song.:lol

I am not ashamed to say i did exactly the same thing :thumbsup

We just watched Batman on METV tonight and the kids wanted a "movie night". So we made some popcorn, got drinks, and turned the lights off and wathced Batman. It was really fun.
What is even more fun was that I never seen the two episodes on tonight before, hell I don't even remember seeing Louie the Lilac before.
Lynn

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back