60's Batman Villains

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Supa troop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

Re: 60's Batman Villian's

great list of villains.....

scarecrow and two-face were developed in the early 40's i think and Poison Ivy is 1966

maybe scarecrow and two-face were too scary for a kids tv show in the 60's.....Adam West's batman was a little less dark than the current batman

3. SSGT Kitten

SSGT Kitten Active Member

Talking with a friend of mine who is a big film and TV buff, apparently there was a shooting script, standing by at all times, just in case Burgess Meredith happened to be free to play the Penguin. They would bump the scheduled episode to film the Penguin if possible. I don't know how true it is, but it makes a good story. :)

Charlie

4. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

5. Supa troop

6. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I love that they had really good actors as the villains and short of the animated series none of them have been as good since. Two face might have also been too complicated for a tv show with the makeup involved.

7. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

8. Kommissar

Kommissar Well-Known Member

Cesar Remero irritated the **** out of me, 'cuse the language, but the guy took on the role, knowing he would have to shave, and then kicked up a stink so much, after he was hired, that they just makeup'ed over it, and let him have his way.

9. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

I've been setting it to record on the dvr and watching with my son. Very good times! When I was a wee lad I can remember watching this show and then convincing my mom to pin a towel around my neck while i wore my Batman underoos over my clothes. I would run up and down the sidewalk singing the theme song.:lol

11. Supa troop

12. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

We just watched Batman on METV tonight and the kids wanted a "movie night". So we made some popcorn, got drinks, and turned the lights off and wathced Batman. It was really fun.
    What is even more fun was that I never seen the two episodes on tonight before, hell I don't even remember seeing Louie the Lilac before.
    Lynn