3D printed Full Scale T-800 Terminator Endoskeleton

Lord Vecna

Hi everyone, this is my first project post here on the RPF forum. I am really impressed with all of the cool projects I have seen in here and after looking a bit around I decided that I would take the chance and share my latest (and largest build yet).

Since christmas I have been working on and off on a 3D printed full sized T-800 endoskeleton. I just finished the project around a week ago. The model is in full scale standing around 192 cm high with the base.

The endoskeleton is printed in PLA (around 15 kg), painted with ALCLAD II Chrome and then weathered using different kinds of pigments. The base is made in wood, foam and lots of different materials.

I have been working on this model on and off since christmas but most of the work has been done the last three months. The small projectors on the side of the base is my own design and are used for illuminating the model. It looks really great in the dark, especially with the blue and red light
1f642.png

The control panel on the base controls the light effect in the eyes, the "mini projectors" and it can play 7 different terminator related sound tracks. There are build in speakers in the base, and it is all controled by an Arduino Uno.

I have made a series about the project on youtube (curently 6 episodes) where I have shared the entire building project, from start to finish.

I hope you all like it. Feel free to comment and ask away if you have any questions about the project.

Attachments

• 20210614_232813.jpg
    20210614_232813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 283
  • 20210614_234135.jpg
    20210614_234135.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 139
  • 20210614_234207.jpg
    20210614_234207.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
  • Icon 02.jpg
    Icon 02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • DSC06356.JPG
    DSC06356.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 151
  • DSC06360.JPG
    DSC06360.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 103
  • DSC06361.JPG
    DSC06361.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 110
  • DSC06370.JPG
    DSC06370.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
Very cool! And THANK YOU for actually getting rid of print lines! I can't stand people printing things and just slapping paint on them!
Thanks for the comment. You are completly right, the post processing on 3D printed parts are pretty importaint. Especially if you want a really smooth and clean finish on the parts. I this case I had to airbrush the model with chrome paint so the surface had to be almost perfect for a nice finish.

Yeah they are glued in place, but if I ever decide to change them it is possible. A set of more realistic skulls might be a nice upgrade to the build.
Yeah, you can find skulls that are actual scans or CT-scans of real skulls on Thingiverse, Sketchfab, myminifactory, cadnav, cgtrader, and renderhub. Just search for the free ones to download. Should be easy to 3D print.

Another suggestion would be to dab them with a dark textured charcoal color to give them that nuclear blast look.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back