3D printed DH-17 Blaster - work in progress

surprised no one picked my up for calling the DL-21 a DH-21 :)

anyway here's the completed model ready for printing.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2578138

I'm open to requests if anyone has an interesting idea. Might not be super fast in finishing it but if I find it interesting I might have a go at making it in 3D. Anything organic is probably not a good idea as Sketchup has trouble with that type of thing (or I have trouble one of the 2!).

You are pumping these out so quick. Whats next on the blaster list? :)

Would you be interested in a T-21 Sandtrooper blaster?

Awesome models! I had been looking for an accurate lightsaber model for a while, so many of them are stylized. I’d love to print an accurate Kylo Ren saber for TLJ, if you want ideas. Keep up the great work, I hope to be able to model like this myself sometime!

I tried to print the Luke hero you posted a week or so ago, and the pommel has trouble printing correctly. Some of the “blocks” just don’t print. Also the control box is difficult to print w/o supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the comments. I uploaded the individual files on the lightsaber so you should be able to open them and rotate them in different directions until you find one that prints fine. I changed the all in 1 print so that the power box is vertical making it easier to print.

let me know if you still have problems printing the pommel and I'll mabye look at ways to make it print easier.

thanks for the comments. I uploaded the individual files on the lightsaber so you should be able to open them and rotate them in different directions until you find one that prints fine. I changed the all in 1 print so that the power box is vertical making it easier to print.

let me know if you still have problems printing the pommel and I'll mabye look at ways to make it print easier.

The model looks fine, but when it slices it some of the cubes disappear. I have no idea why, not super experienced. Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well when I said the real thing I meant not look like a lump of plastic and since this is the generic model then it will probably be mostly black with a bit of silver.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back