3D Print Parts for 1/48 Hasbro Millennium Falcon

Talaris

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but I wanted to ask if someone here has access to a 3D printer, and is able to print parts for a 1/48 Falcon conversion.

I found the following webpage with a file to print the parts in question: 3D Printable Star Wars Millennium Falcon - Hasbro Missing Details by Daniel Lilygreen

I'm aware you can buy the parts separately on Shapeways, but I just don't have the budget to get them from there, so please PM me what price you think would be reasonable for this file to be 3D Printed. I'm also based in the UK, if that changes things.

Thanks all, I'll be posting my other new finished model on here very soon!

I don't know if this is a priority to you or not, but I took a look at those parts. They look interesting, but they also don't look anything at all like the original 32" Millennium Falcon model, as far as I can tell. I couldn't get the sections to match up at all.

Anyway. Just FYI.

From what I saw, the Hasbro Falcon is 29”, in case that’s the reason why it doesn’t match up.

I know these parts aren’t the best, but the only alternative I know is Shapeways which I can’t afford. So these files were all I could find. Interestingly, the reviews show photos from a person who successfully printed and applied them; in their review they said it worked well.

Regarding accuracy, I don’t mind too much, they are at least better than the stickers. I don’t have experience in designing parts myself.

The Hasbro is a hybrid design anyway, there are 5ft details & 32" sections on her (mainly 32"),....my Hasbro is still WIP, I put things to the side because of the DeAgo model,....but I just went with what I thought looked cool

Here's my WIP thead:

Here's Kokkari's build:

...and there's a general 'group; thread:

Good luck,....post some images, so we can see where you are at

John

I haven't started yet, I just have my Hasbro Falcon gathering dust for years and thought I should at least replace the stickers with 3D Printed parts, then paint it. I bought a set of thin panels for the body already, so this and the 3D parts I linked are the only modifications I have the skills to perform, as I don't trust myself in cutting bits out and scratch-building. If I bought all the custom parts separately, it would cost the same as buying a Deagostini Falcon pre-built anyway.

Jaitea Looking at your build and the others posted, I feel a little ashamed to do the same for mine as I don't intend to modify it anywhere near to the same level as you guys. Just really to replace those stickers and paint it, so I can say to myself it's now a model, and no longer a toy.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back