3D Editors - Pros & Cons

Fusion360 is at a $300/yr membership tier now. Not sure the home/hobby exception is still there but I am hoping because my renewal is nigh.

I used SolidWorks for 16 years at work, I think its great! It is, sadly, insanely expensive. I have moved to Fusion 360 and I love it. I do mechanical props, I don't do sculpture so it fits my needs pretty well. At this time it's free for hobbyists, but even $300.00 a year is a great price for what you get. Honestly though, any program is going to have a learning curve. Even with all my experience with SolidWorks it took a little time to adapt to Fusion 360. Use YouTube and be patient.

I have walked through a few F360 tuts.. do you have a series to recommend?

I really need to get better at it.

I hope they don't change the pricing, I've barely used my hobbyist licence!

I'm getting back into Fusion 360, I've found the standard tutorials pretty good, then Google for questions (answers are usually in the F360 forums).

Although I have some experience with other solid modellers so that may help me out.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back