32 inch ESB Millennium Falcon

WOW!Very nice work..I like what I see.I still have yet to get my blue prints drawn.Actually....if you could send some helpful hints&what not on how to get the most out of drawings,I'd much appreciate it.I'm having a devil of a time with the armor plating on the Falcon.I know a great deal of the info needed to draw the prints for the Falcon can be pulled out of the Chronicals,but I'd love to hear how you came about with yours,what other references you used.Keep up the great work&the pictures comming-John

Plating:
Step 1) Look at a picture of the area you are working in. Keep area small. Pay attention to thickness of plating. Its not all the same.

Step 2) ..cut the plating as close as you can to match the photo.

Step 3) Go to Next Plate and repeat step 2).

There really is no magic to it. I basically drew out the circle and divided it into 16 pieces like Moes(360 divided by 16 will give you the degree angle of the pie pieces, if only math class would have had me building models I would have done better). Scrutinze all photos possible to compare size and scale. Enlarging photos helps too. Believe it or not the more you work on this the more you'll realize you're in it alone and nobody is going to offer information without good information in return..speculations do not count. Take Care.

that is fantastic work really do go to hard on yourself remember your your own worst critic
give your self the credit it never hurts to pad your own ego as long as your name is not bill shatner or dave merriman they already have enough for all of us

I am getting there to must come back to earth and deflate my head soon

take care chuck

Ok tired of no real studio scale modelling posts..I was working on the bottom today building the gear boxes and I'm about to work on the rear box soon. I've got quite of bit of sanding to do to shape around the turrets and walkways. I know it's not perfect but it's the best I could do and at this point I'm just sticking it in the wind and going with what I got. I'm starting to hit a few stalls but I find that if I force myself to press on it seems to work out.Well I'm off to drink the cockpit.(note chronicles is not far away)
060802b.jpg

hello all I have been engrossed in other projects for sometime I have been staring at my copy of chronicles and I pretty sure I see some parts form an aigis missle cruiser or a earlter type missle cruiser some turrets and a few superstructure walls can anyone confirm or deny these alligations

chuck

for one there is a turret on the docking walkway upper side left as you are looking forward and they appear elsewhere as well I have the jolly rogers cruiser and the turret matchs exactly

Sorry...
If you post a pic...might know where you are talking about.

Have not heard of that kit. Might be there. I have no idea.

the pic in question is in the chronicles book on pg 180 at the bottom left it is a close up of the top right access pit and shows the docking walkway as well on top of that is a green part cut from a tank and on either side there is a turret from the jolly rogers missle cruiser kit I am pretty sure it is tamyia or haswgawa

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back