32 inch ESB Millennium Falcon

WOW!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Moe and Kevin and frank
it would be great if you guys who are done or near completion could either post pics or be open to discussion of the pits on the bottom of the mandibles I am certain most every one's are a lot of personal taste and ideas that follow the overall theme of the ILM kits. as I beleive most of us are detailing the belly pis on mere conjecture or personal opinions and tastes but it would be great for all of us to post pics and or share our ideas so we can all get our pits to pretty much resemble each others for continuity
well thats just my take on the subject. I know some may not wish to post pics that is fine I can respect that however at least be open to discussion of the details I am 50% done with the pits in question but and not 100% satisfied the aft two are a fine representation but the front two are simply a matter of personal taste and idea's. I would really like to hear from others to discuss these parts
thanks Charlie

Moe,
Any new pics of your completed Falcon?
I'm about 90% done with mine, just finishing some cockpit detail and getting ready for the *gulp* paintjob
icon_smile.gif

I've been looking at your site for ages to follow your progress pics, and I'd love to see some completed shots.
Eric

Charlie,

"...I am certain most every one's are a lot of personal taste and ideas that follow the overall theme of the ILM kits."

Probably. Depends on the reference. Ours our pretty accurate to the real model. There are only a few spots we took liberties becuase we just couldnt see it.

Always open for discussion...Discuss away!

Your greeblies are as good as my greeblies.

Frank

frank
thanks it is always a apleasure to here from the trio that started it all
I will post pics of my belly pits soon and then everyone can rip them apart (ha ha) it is a great crying shame that the belly of the beast was not documented better

charlie

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
boatbuilder1 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
it is a great crying shame that the belly of the beast was not documented better
charlie
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Sure it was...
icon_smile.gif

if you guys are members of the yahoo club I just emailed pics of my belly mandible pits out and will soon post them in the photos section

this will be the last of my work on the beast and for that matter all studio scale projects for quite some months to come
business has really picked up so the customers come first

ca

Finally ;)

i may be slow but i get there in the end. I checked back my posts on this thread & i found i was ready to start this project way back in 2001................. :lol

Nathan

this may have been covered so forgive the questions. What would one expext to spend building the 32" Falcon? Does anyone offer resin detail parts? How long to build this ship. Is there a smaller scale one could scratch buld using smaller scale kit parts - say starting with smaller army tank for the details behind the six exhaust port/vents on the rear and scaling down? Any one have mesurements etc?

Thanks for any suggestions. I'd love to tackle this project, but time is a big factor and I'm sure it could get costly.

OK, I have read every post here and read and re-read everything on Ketzer's and Moe's sites. I believe it was FC that said that the plating is .75 on the main body of the ship - that seems kind of thick. Is that infact the right thickness and is that a suitable thickness for building the basic body? Any knowlage welcome. THANKS

I don't think there is a correct answer to this, but I do think that 0,75 mm is too thin for the basic body. If I were to build it again I might use 5 mm plates....
The way I see, does'nt matter how the inner body is build, just how strong it is, so it can be build of whatever you feel like.
Hope this is an OK answer :)

Moe

Most of the plating is .75 some is .5 such as the mandibles and I believe landing gear boxes.

My Boxes are done in .75 and it looks thick compared to some of the photo reference we have. Someday Ill get to see the real one in person and look specifically for that. We have always concentrated on part identification.

Buidling the man body I used .80 inch or 2mm thick styrene sheet.

If I were doing it over again....and NOT using the patterned laser cuts for the main body that Moe designed, I would use sentra. and probably go 1.5mm on the center and 1mm on everything else.

Plating I would do the same as before with the exceptions noted.

Hi All

Im am trying to produce a standard set of plans for the falcon 32inch but I really could do with a few people to look them over and pick out where my dimensions are incorrect.

any help would be great.

falcon

I will keep thease plans on my website and I will keep the freely available to anyone who wants them.

Woody

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back