2015 Hoverboard

slidead

Hi RFP's,

First, sorry if I have any grammar mistakes (English is not my native language)

I'm starting my own project of building BTTF2 hoverboard replica and what better year to do this than 2015?

Searching google I came across this forum with all those amazing projects you've all made.

This is my first ever replica I'm trying to build and I'll appriciate any help you can give me in the process (obviously I will post my progress on this thread).

I will appreciate if you can help me with 3D models files that I can use to 3D print or at least give me the accurate measurements;
I've searched this forum, but saw multiple prints and plans and don't know which one is the correct.

Thanks all in advance,
Your friend in time,
Slidead

Hi RFP's,

First, sorry if I have any grammar mistakes (English is not my native language)

I'm starting my own project of building BTTF2 hoverboard replica and what better year to do this than 2015?

Searching google I came across this forum with all those amazing projects you've all made.

This is my first ever replica I'm trying to build and I'll appriciate any help you can give me in the process (obviously I will post my progress on this thread).

I will appreciate if you can help me with 3D models files that I can use to 3D print or at least give me the accurate measurements;
I've searched this forum, but saw multiple prints and plans and don't know which one is the correct.

Thanks all in advance,
Your friend in time,
Slidead

Roland's screen-accurate PDF file for the Mattel Hoverboard decals.

The board is 28"x8"x1" with beveled edges. If I remember correctly, RPF member
Formula388 may be able to provide the magnet parts for the bottom of the board.

Roland's screen-accurate PDF file for the Mattel Hoverboard decals.

The board is 28"x8"x1" with beveled edges. If I remember correctly, RPF member
Formula388 may be able to provide the magnet parts for the bottom of the board.

Thanks a lot DB537, the thread and Roland's Hero board A3 decals are very helpful. I've already messaged Formula388 regarding the magnet parts and I hope he will reply soon.

My plan is as follows:

1. Board will be done either out of foam (or hopefully by wood with friend's CNC).
2. Decals will be printed on A3 chrome paper (300g) and glued on the colored board.
3. magnet and battery parts will be printed by a 3D printer, colored and than glued or screwed into the board.

I will update on my progress...

Thanks a lot DB537, the thread and Roland's Hero board A3 decals are very helpful. I've already messaged Formula388 regarding the magnet parts and I hope he will reply soon.

My plan is as follows:

1. Board will be done either out of foam (or hopefully by wood with friend's CNC).
2. Decals will be printed on A3 chrome paper (300g) and glued on the colored board.
3. magnet and battery parts will be printed by a 3D printer, colored and than glued or screwed into the board.

I will update on my progress...
Im actually really excited to see how this goes, I have been trying to make my own stunt hoverboard for a while and I would like to see how your 3d magnet parts and cnc board goes!

Building a hoverboard myself. Parts are the hardest thing to come up with outside of scratch built, and that doesn't work so well when you're trying for accuracy.

Tried to find 3D print files for the parts, free-to-use, but no luck myself.

The only place with actual resin parts for sale, as far as I can tell is a place called Golden Armor. But the person running it, I think they got banned from here for something. So I don't know what to think about that.

If you find out anything, I'd appreciate a heads up. And if you're looking for some shoes.

Here's a pretty good topic here about an inexpensive ($100 US) version of the future shoes, no Nike branding.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/halloweencostumes-com-back-future-2-light-up-shoes-224737/

And a pricier pair with Nike branding, $250 USD.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-171951/

Building a hoverboard myself. Parts are the hardest thing to come up with outside of scratch built, and that doesn't work so well when you're trying for accuracy.

Tried to find 3D print files for the parts, free-to-use, but no luck myself.

The only place with actual resin parts for sale, as far as I can tell is a place called Golden Armor. But the person running it, I think they got banned from here for something. So I don't know what to think about that.

If you find out anything, I'd appreciate a heads up. And if you're looking for some shoes.

Here's a pretty good topic here about an inexpensive ($100 US) version of the future shoes, no Nike branding.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/halloweencostumes-com-back-future-2-light-up-shoes-224737/

And a pricier pair with Nike branding, $250 USD.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-171951/

Thanks MrSouthpaw,
I also find it hard to find the 3D parts file, so I think I will just deign them myslef (If you have any info about the mesarments, that will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, a quick update on how it goes...

The board itself is ready and should be CNCed this weekend...
The bottom parts are merely over - still doing fine tuning (BTW, it is not me in the picture :))

1.jpg
20150122_111812.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back