2012 dredd costume build

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Fire2993, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Fire2993

Fire2993 New Member

Hello to all the members of the RPF, this is my first attempt at anything like this and I am very grateful to you all for the prompts and ideas I have gleaned from this site.
    i hope my attempts are up to the standards expected.
    I used many new products during this build, from Worpla to leather and even fibreglass. I found patience is the key.
    i am going to Comicon in Manchester this July, so will add more pictures as I get them. Feel free to ask any question, and I am quite willing to share any specs I have or tips on materials.
    cheers
    kev

Attached Files:

2. Fire2993

Fire2993 New Member

The knife started life as a chopping board, the lawgiver was a ps2 light gun, and the utility belt was built from the contents of my junk box in the garage. The helmet began life as a pepakura paper kit which I then hardened with fibreglass. Oh and the tech drawing of the lawgiver was done from screen shots I found here on various threads.
    kev

3. gothic

gothic Sr Member

great job on the build :thumbsup

4. Fire2993

Fire2993 New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Still need some work on the helmet as it catches on the collar piece and makes my head look massive.

5. gothic

gothic Sr Member

i dunno if its the padding in the helmet but it sits high, if possible remove some and if possible 1.jpg im know expert its just an opinion don't want you to * up the work you have done

6. Fire2993

Fire2993 New Member

I think I have made the collar piece too big. I have a second helmet as yet unfinished, so I am experimenting with making this shorter without ruining my comicon outfit.
    Thanks for the advise, and the photo as we'll. I'll keep you posted.
    kev

gothic likes this.
  7. VenomCF

VenomCF Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It looks awesome.. my greatest challenge are the pauldrons and the armor... and doesnt have a clue where to get tha parts...