2001: EVA Suit

I've started my own Clavius suit build and wanted to share some images of the helmet. I modeled it MAYA and prepped the files for print in Meshmixer. Printed in Carbon fiber PLA. I wasn't happy with a few spots after printing so I did some reshaping with JB Weld. Ready to start the "body work"

Looking for any patterns for the suit part itself...any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200430_090956.jpg
    20200430_090956.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I've started my own Clavius suit build and wanted to share some images of the helmet. I modeled it MAYA and prepped the files for print in Meshmixer. Printed in Carbon fiber PLA. I wasn't happy with a few spots after printing so I did some reshaping with JB Weld. Ready to start the "body work"

Looking for any patterns for the suit part itself...any suggestions?

Wow, that helmet looks amazing! I’d love to see it during/after all you bodywork!!

As to your question regarding a suit, I can’t help much. I haven’t yet gotten close enough to do much research. Once I do, I’ll post the info here.

As to continuing this build, or any other project, I seem to be in a very deep creative slump at the moment. I feel as though I’ve lost all of my motivation, I just can’t seem “to get back on the horse” as it were. I’m not depressed, at least I don’t think I am. If I were to put my feelings into words, I’d say that I feel creatively bankrupt. This is a new experience for me and I have no idea how long it will take to get out of it.

I may go back to my default world of Trek-related replicas, but it’ll have to be something I’ve never done before. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll return to this project, I just don’t know when... could be tomorrow, could be 5 years from tomorrow, IDK.

Wow, that helmet looks amazing! I’d love to see it during/after all you bodywork!!

As to your question regarding a suit, I can’t help much. I haven’t yet gotten close enough to do much research. Once I do, I’ll post the info here.

As to continuing this build, or any other project, I seem to be in a very deep creative slump at the moment. I feel as though I’ve lost all of my motivation, I just can’t seem “to get back on the horse” as it were. I’m not depressed, at least I don’t think I am. If I were to put my feelings into words, I’d say that I feel creatively bankrupt. This is a new experience for me and I have no idea how long it will take to get out of it.

I may go back to my default world of Trek-related replicas, but it’ll have to be something I’ve never done before. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll return to this project, I just don’t know when... could be tomorrow, could be 5 years from tomorrow, IDK.
I started a thread called 2001: ASO Clavius suit where I'm posting my progress. On the thread, members have pointed out the film suit up for auction...great reference! 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY SPACESUIT WITH ICONIC MULTI-SCENE/COLOR HELMET AND MGM SHIPPING CRATE

I started a thread called 2001: ASO Clavius suit where I'm posting my progress. On the thread, members have pointed out the film suit up for auction...great reference! 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY SPACESUIT WITH ICONIC MULTI-SCENE/COLOR HELMET AND MGM SHIPPING CRATE

Those images are awesome. Holy cow!! And I see it sold for $370,000!! That's an insane amount of cash (IMHO). Thanks for sharing the link. I'll be checking out your build and wish you loads of luck! -- James

View attachment 1053371

Even though I’ve put this build on my “pile-of-delayed-builds” due to having too many real world things taking up my time, I figured many here would love to know that Vol 1 can now be found again (@ Cult TV). The price is a little high, but worth it IMO. I’m sure many others retailers will have it soon, but I managed to get myself a copy just in case they become difficult to find again.

Cheers — James

View attachment 1053371

Even though I’ve put this build on my “pile-of-delayed-builds” due to having too many real world things taking up my time, I figured many here would love to know that Vol 1 can now be found again (@ Cult TV). The price is a little high, but worth it IMO. I’m sure many others retailers will have it soon, but I managed to get myself a copy just in case they become difficult to find again.

Cheers — James
Contact them directly on www.apogeeprime.com. They are in Burlington Ontario, Canada. I did and had my copy (soft cover) for $ 68.

Hello, would you share your files for 3D printing ? Thank you :)
Possibly. The files are pretty old (as in built within the defunct Autodesk 123D software). If I can find them, they can be imported/converted within Fusion. I'll take a look and see what I can do.

(Also, my modeling skills have improved immensely over the years, I'm not sure of their quality)

Thank you so much ! I really think they are tremendous ! It's been a year I'm working on the Discovery space suit cosplay and I only did the chestbox haha so it would be awesome to have those files, thanks again :)
I've found and imported the arm controls into Fusion. Unfortunately it'll require some clean up. I'm currently working on a few other projects, but I've added this to the list and I'll post something when I get a chance.

Thank you, there's no hurry :)
I haven't forgotten about you, unfortunately this project keeps getting pushed down on my "Book of Builds." Do you happen to have a build thread? If so, it could help motivate me to finish? It's just a thought.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back