1st Post - My Prop stuff

These are my two favorite pieces of yours. Very cool work. By the way, do you sketch your work before you make it or just wing it?

Good question. And the answer is... just "wing it, baby" I have an idea in my mind and just let the chips fall where they may.....even for ludicrous projects like the dreaded....

..... ScareCrow Wild Boar mask.... with real pig ears... oink oink.

Boar2.jpg

Boar1.jpg

Boar3.jpg

Good question. And the answer is... just "wing it, baby" I have an idea in my mind and just let the chips fall where they may.

WOW. I am impressed. I actually think you could sell these as works of art in a gallery. They are so unique and cool that some freaky art collector would LOVE these.

Welcome to the RPF, what a remarkable introduction! :eek

While i really enjoy a good horror movie now and then i´m not really into all that creepy stuff but your collection is truely stunning and unique!
You really got skills building all that by yourself!

Just imagine the fear some criminal would feel breaking into this house.

Dude, please tell us you don't live in a creepy farmhouse..... awesome work!

This thread is Creepier than every horror movie in the last 10 years!

You have some Hollywood level weathering skills! You should be working in film!

Everything looks really cool! Including your wife. Shes gotta be super cool to dig this stuff!

Very memorable first post!

Love the masks! Very cool.

So what is your mask-making process? Do you have some kind of generic face mask base that you layer/build up upon? How did you go about getting the shape for the boar mask? Is the burlap hardened with resin?

Love the masks! Very cool.

So what is your mask-making process? Do you have some kind of generic face mask base that you layer/build up upon? How did you go about getting the shape for the boar mask? Is the burlap hardened with resin?

Oh I have my secrets.

For this particular mask, it's built over a generic hard plastic face mask for paint-ball.... got them on Ebay from China for $7 a pop. I also get the dental teeth from China too. Cheap as chips on Ebay.

The cheeks and brows on the boar mask are formed with strategically cut & layered up foam core board from a $1 store. The muzzle and lower jaw are styrofoam.

The upper and lower jaws pieces are encapsulated with burlap and hot glued to the face mask. The whole thing is then strategically covered with burlap (again) with spray glue, and hot glue for any seams. All sewing, knotting, etc (down the muzzle, for instance) is faux,. and done prior to spray gluing the burlap down.

I don't use resin. My trade secret is Bulls Eye shellac - clear and amber. Could not make a mask without this stuff. Not only does it enhance the antique brown burlap, but it toughens the burlap so that one thinks a resin coating might have been done.

Of course, the magic is the burlap material as well. I also use that dense canvas-like burlap (for antique chairs).... along with the Bulls Eyes shellac to make pieces like this, an

18th century burn victim mask.

Mask1.jpg

Very awesome stuff you make and have man congrat's.Look's like your house would be fun to visit,groovey that your wife dig's the stuff too.:thumbsup

I wouldnt like to wake up at your house after a night out. Thats some seriously cool stuff you got going on there. I particulary like the buyrn victim mask. subtle yet very scary.

Very excellent stuff. Your basement looks like a movie set. Just fantastic.

Looking at your stuff I kept hearing songs from Boondox playing in my head. They go together, well, perfectly.

Except from Seven by Boondox:

'Dont get lost in the woods in your black expedition
On a dark dirt road so suspicious just trees and ditches
Headlights flicker and it's got you turnin switches
Now you so damn scared you bout to **** in your britches
You cant think straight all you hear is heavy breathin
Are your eyes just deceivin what it is that you seein
When i pull up the eight four pistol in the floorboard
Blast out your back glass got you screamin oh no
You finna know the reason and you bout to find out
Wut it is to suffer with a rusted blade in your mouth
Nowhere to run nowhere to hide
Bein stalked by the scarecrow the blood line of Malakai
I hear these voices talkin they wont leave me alone
Tell me snatch up this ***** by her hair and drag her home
Over my shoulder in the back of a pickup truck
Cant wait to get her home and hold her bleed her then chop her up'

Again, well done. Please keep sharing your work with us.

Oh I have my secrets.

For this particular mask, it's built over a generic hard plastic face mask for paint-ball.... got them on Ebay from China for $7 a pop. I also get the dental teeth from China too. Cheap as chips on Ebay.
.....Now i'm imagining your lurking around the backwoods where your victims are playing paintball...only to become parts for props...

Seriously inventive and original, and I'm not surprised by the shellac as you really use natural materials well and it melds seamlessly with the vintage look. The added creepy bonus being they are the corpses of beetles....

I also use Bulls Eye shellac (because it's cheap and works) on all my woodworking and when I replicate old (1920s) era photo's. Dries faster than anything else.

I know it's not part of the backwoods horror theme but I would love to see you do some Lovecraft (human skin bound books,necronomicon,cultist gear) because you really understand scary, you get it, you get scary.

Very excellent stuff. Your basement looks like a movie set. Just fantastic.

Looking at your stuff I kept hearing songs from Boondox playing in my head. They go together, well, perfectly.

Except from Seven by Boondox:

'Dont get lost in the woods in your black expedition.....

Again, well done. Please keep sharing your work with us.

No no no.... this song is ME !! LOL.

YouTube - ‪What's he building in there?‬‏

Love all your work. Very original and creepy. Somehow has a hint of the texas chainsaw massacre in there somewhere. Very very cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back