Limited Run 1979 ALIEN - NOSTROMO CREW UNIFORM

Hi Adam, apologies if I missed it / am being dense, but couple of questions please -
Does the shirt come with 1x set of wings, or are these a separate cost? Same question for the shoulder patch?
Also, plans for the pen & torch replicas?

And, of course, this looks amazing!

P.s. re price change for subsequent runs; does that mean you plan having some stock, or on doing further runs if there is enough interest (and if you don't mind me asking, what sort of order numbers would be required to kick off another run)?

Hi septic,

I understand your questions. I was trying to explain the reasons for this in the revised first post.

For customers ordering just the shirt, it comes with no wings or shoulder patches attached. This is because some customers:
  1. Have their own wings and shoulder patch.
  2. Purchased from me in the past and would like to attach those themselves.
  3. Do not want any patches on the shirt (To wear for work or other events).
In addition, the blue wings are machine embroidered and are priced appropriately at $10 while the bullion wings take about 3-4 hours to make each individual pair. So $40 per wing with a shirt is a Bargain. In addition, I will sew every shoulder patch on and use ultra thin velcro for the wings, at no extra charge. (so that they can be removed for laundry.

The shoulder patch almost did not happen at all until this August, and it was not cheap in time and money to get right, or at least significantly better and closer to the original than anything done so far.

Regarding your last question about the shirts, It's very hard to tell. Over the past 10 months the cost of fabric, (linen, cotton) has shot up. The cost of almost every other supply has gone up.. So right now I am concentrating on making this present run happen, so I really can't say If I will do another one or if I will have "stock" at the end. I just don't know...

Hope this answers your concerns/questions.

Adam

Last edited:
In testing out the revised size chart, Adam was kind enough to send me another one of his excellent sample shirts. I have to say, the fit is excellent, and the attention to detail is second to none. I've worn it with practically every other Nostromo uniform piece I have, and it just looks "right." Though it's not fitting with the rest of my Brett wardrobe, Adam's new shirts rival the Hawaiian shirt in terms of comfort. With our patches, Adam's wings, and his uniform label, one feels like they're really suiting up for a long-haul space flight on the Nostromo.

PXL_20211007_220418896.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211004_145118605.jpg

Hi septic,

I understand your questions. I was trying to explain the reasons for this in the revised first post.

For customers ordering just the shirt, it comes with no wings or shoulder patches attached. This is because some customers:
  1. Have their own wings and shoulder patch.
  2. Purchased from me in the past and would like to attach those themselves.
  3. Do not want any patches on the shirt (To wear for work or other events).
In addition, the blue wings are machine embroidered and are priced appropriately at $10 while the bullion wings take about 3-4 hours to make each individual pair. So $40 per wing with a shirt is a Bargain. In addition, I will sew every shoulder patch on and use ultra thin velcro for the wings, at no extra charge. (so that they can be removed for laundry.

The shoulder patch almost did not happen at all until this August, and it was not cheap in time and money to get right, or at least significantly better and closer to the original than anything done so far.

Regarding your last question about the shirts, It's very hard to tell. Over the past 10 months the cost of fabric, (linen, cotton) has shot up. The cost of almost every other supply has gone up.. So right now I am concentrating on making this present run happen, so I really can't say If I will do another one or if I will have "stock" at the end. I just don't know...

Hope this answers your concerns/questions.

Adam
Hi!
great news that this is going forward now-can I ask- re payment-
Is this payment window just for the shirts, or are we to pay for the trousers/pants at the same time?Have I missed info on the pants being done?
Also can you PM me re how to pay for these [once I get the shirt size nailed].
If it is payment for the pants too, do you have a size chart for them for me to use?
Sorry for the multi questions, just jazzed to see this coming to pas, and want to make sure I am up to date with it all.
Thanks!
Nick G

Hi, back on april 1st I wanted to be added to the list for an Ivory XL but it doesnt look like I was ever added to the list. Is it too late to get the Shirt and pants with all the toppings?

Hi!
great news that this is going forward now-can I ask- re payment-
Is this payment window just for the shirts, or are we to pay for the trousers/pants at the same time?Have I missed info on the pants being done?
Also can you PM me re how to pay for these [once I get the shirt size nailed].
If it is payment for the pants too, do you have a size chart for them for me to use?
Sorry for the multi questions, just jazzed to see this coming to pas, and want to make sure I am up to date with it all.
Thanks!
Nick G
Thank you Nick,
  • Pants - I am finalizing the pants as we speak, and will post final photos soon. I will message you privately regarding pant size – Will basically need a few measurements from you.
  • Payment - At the moment I am sending individual invoices to customers. This is, until I figure out the best way to automate the process. So if you would like to place an order, please message me.
Hi, back on april 1st I wanted to be added to the list for an Ivory XL but it doesnt look like I was ever added to the list. Is it too late to get the Shirt and pants with all the toppings?
My apologies, not sure how I missed your post. I'm adding you to the list and PM'ed you with details.

Adam

How are things going with the shirts, Adam?
Any updates?

I had the pleasure of presenting my costume replicas at the "Retro Expo event" in Plano, TX this past weekend. Also met with Veronica Cartwright! To whom I made a special framed set of my patch and wings. I also had the absolute pleasure to finally meet stephen210 in person. We had a blast, many very enthusiastic Alien fans, besides this being my first event as a vendor.

I was literally working around the clock in order to prepare for the expo, As you can see the shirts and pants are well underway! I am super pleased with how they look and even how they feel. I wore mine for a few days straight and I couldn't be more comfortable! This is a whole year + of quarantine work :)

IMG_0841.jpeg

stephen210 was present with his Alien/s props, truly an incredible collection:
IMG_0845.jpeg
IMG_0851.jpeg
IMG_0836.jpeg
IMG_0857.jpeg
IMG_0870.jpeg
IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0872.jpeg
IMG_0879.jpeg
IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

Nice to see her getting the patches and completed shirts.
I

I don't suppose that you have any photos of the props on that table, do you?
(post in another thread maybe?)

Final version, Nostromo shirts and Pants! I'm going through everyone on the list, if I did not message you so far please shoot me a message. There is still time to get added to this RPF list. After this is done I will be taking orders through my website only, so this is the time to take advantage of the price available to RPF members only.

Shirt Specs:
Color: Custom dye, Ivory or Seafoam
Fabric: 60% Linen, 40% Cotton, medium weight 160GSM.
Piping: 10mm flange piping cord, 100% Rayon, Silky texture. Faded pink.
Buttons: Spring Snap, Brass, Golden finish. Exclusive reproduction of the original design on the button cap.
Sizes: XS-S-M-L-XL-2XL-3XL

Pant Specs:
Color: Custom dye, Ivory or Seafoam
Fabric: 100% Cotton twill
Closure: Hook and Eye, zipper.
Size: Waist 28-40, Inseam 30-34

Compiled price and size.png

Shirts On Display 1.jpeg
Shirts On Display 2.jpeg
Shirts On Display 3.jpeg
Shirts On Display 6.jpeg

I even made new in-world label tags with a name space:
New Clothing Label.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back