Limited Run 1979 ALIEN - NOSTROMO CREW UNIFORM

Quick, somewhat related question...

The t-shirt. I was thinking, and planning to grab a milsurp OD shirt. But, I think it might be brighter green. I found a reference to a color "Kiwi" in another [l o n g] thread I'm wading through now, which I found (Decent Gildan), for $5 on eBay. (I can post a link if you like).

Is that the "correct" color these days? Anything better/more accurate? Any particular brand to seek out?

(sorry for the derail, but I thought it was relevant to anyone looking at shirts)

Quick, somewhat related question...

The t-shirt. I was thinking, and planning to grab a milsurp OD shirt. But, I think it might be brighter green. I found a reference to a color "Kiwi" in another [l o n g] thread I'm wading through now, which I found (Decent Gildan), for $5 on eBay. (I can post a link if you like).

Is that the "correct" color these days? Anything better/more accurate? Any particular brand to seek out?

(sorry for the derail, but I thought it was relevant to anyone looking at shirts)
Definitely not OD green, The consensus is "pistachio" green.

Last edited:
Allright, I should have started another thread...

I took this picture of Dallas and lightened it up to the point the shirt seems close to the "Ivory" color. The green shirt seems a bit more blue than the pistachio color (to my eyes).

Am I beating a dead horse here? Being over-critical (probably both)?
Dallas (4).jpg
Pistascio Shirt.jpg

There was a whole discussion about this in the good old nostromo uniform thread, my friend stephen210 examined one of the original screen used Shirts. At the time this photo was taken it was ~30 yo and apparently taken in Mr Burns's basement, so take that into account regarding lighting + camera flash.
IMG_0221.JPG

There was a whole discussion about this in the good old nostromo uniform thread, my friend stephen210 examined one of the original screen used Shirts. At the time this photo was taken it was ~30 yo and apparently taken in Mr Burns' basement, so take that into account regarding lighting + camera flash.
So, are you still of the opinion that "pistachio" is correct? I guess they are cheap enough I could get two of each color and see what looks right with the rest of the getup. It just seems the pistachio color does not have enough blue in it to me, even compared to the "real" shirt (under poor lighting).

EDIT- I am nearing the end of that thread. It's a long one...

So, are you still of the opinion that "pistachio" is correct? I guess they are cheap enough I could get two of each color and see what looks right with the rest of the getup. It just seems the pistachio color does not have enough blue in it to me, even compared to the "real" shirt (under poor lighting).

From what I gathered so far I believe that Pistachio is the closest.

* - That thread is an oldie, but a goodie!

Starting with commentary on the Nostromo Uniform thread, and after doing some additional color matching against the continuity Polaroids, I went with pistachio. I'm happy with what I received, but I also know that getting an exact color match 40+ years after the fact is going to be mix of best guess and personal preference.

Last edited:
When I saw the shirts, my gut said it was milsurp green shirts. With the jackets and other bits also milsurp, it made sense.

But I can see now the color is much lighter than that. It’s probably neither pistachio nor Kiwi but some other elusive color.

DYE! DYE! That’s a pun that doesn’t really translate.

Shopping Maul, on the other hand, needs no explanation.

Hi, been following this for a little while now- truly outstanding work so far- please add me to the interest list for a blue, and possibly an Ivory too size 3xl [or slightly larger if you do em] cost permitting.
Again, marvelous work sir, well done!

Last edited:
Wow. The shirt looks great!! loving the fabric choice.

same for the blue wings. Damn near indistinguishable from the original. Amazing work all around.
Thanks man, those wings took a significant amount of design work, but they were super fun. I don't want to give away details, so I'll let Adam speak to it, but wow, that was fun. I had some incredible source photos to work from, and I matched materials as close as possible to the period. Using design methods from the era, lol. It's been a trip.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back