1953 War of the Worlds electronic eye

DMO

My first project of the new year. Martian electronic eye from the 1953 War of the Worlds. Total height is 20" and about 12" across at the widest point. 3D printed with the exception of the shop vac hose.

war_of_the_worlds.png

Last edited:
Nice eye probe. Add some blood to the conduit.

As an 8 years old, l made sure the window curtains were pulled closed at night. The root cause of many nightmares. Sounds still gives me the shivers. First class movie and special effects.

When I say WOW I don't mean it to be the abbreviation for War of the Worlds...I mean WOW!!!!! That is great!!! Always wanted one. Does anyone offer this or, at least, the files to print one out? --Ed

Fantastic! Looks great! I needs ta gets me wunna those.... A friend, BAK55 (Blair) made a Martian eye like that, mostly out of cardboard. It looked fantastic, but it had the limitations of cardboard. (Although cardboard isn't as limited as you think. But when you can use 3D printing....)

Great job!

Obi-Bob

looks fantastic! Would love to know where you found the 3D files... I've searched but can't find it.
Hello. Glad you like the model. I collaborated with the designer to produce the files with the understanding they would not be shared or used commercially. If that changes I'll post here. I have been trying to contact the designer for the last 6 months or so for another model I have in mind, but apparently my contact info is no longer valid. I found the original designer on Etsy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back