13 Rebel Fleet Trooper helmets assembled

StudioCreations

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This weekend was completely spent cutting and assembling 13 Rebel Fleet Trooper helmets for some fellow fans. I do not want to see another RFT helmet for at least a month. :)

Enjoy this picture of a pile of helmets though. I thought it was an impressive photo opportunity. Maybe I'll get creative with the piling and take another shot before they come and take these helmets away.

13rft_helms_01.jpg

Excellent work as always, Jeff... :thumbsup

Oh, can you make me one, too? I need it by the end of the week. :lol

DarthKahnt,
Yeah, I too was thinking about that scene the whole time I was making them. Just toss that captain into a wall, no regard for the information he might be withholding. HA.

Alteregos,
I'll trade you an RFT helemt for an Ironman helmet (unpainted of course). :)

Heh, nice timing. I'm working on a Fleet trooper mold right now...

:)

What are you using for the visor area? It's hard to make out in your pictures..

Which look AWESOME. I love seeing big runs like that, looks cool.

badger

The smoke-colored visors are made of vacuumformed 1/8 inch acrylic plastic. The odd texture on the visors is Saran rap laid over the visor to keep my grubby fingerprints off the smooth surface. Not the best way to represent my work, but I was in a hurry to take the photo and just piled the helmets up.

<div class='quotetop'>(badger @ Jun 17 2006, 03:41 AM) [snapback]1262973[/snapback]</div>
Heh, nice timing. I'm working on a Fleet trooper mold right now...

:)

What are you using for the visor area? It's hard to make out in your pictures..

Which look AWESOME. I love seeing big runs like that, looks cool.

badger
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(StudioCreations @ Jun 29 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]1270849[/snapback]</div>
The smoke-colored visors are made of vacuumformed 1/8 inch acrylic plastic. The odd texture on the visors is Saran rap laid over the visor to keep my grubby fingerprints off the smooth surface. Not the best way to represent my work, but I was in a hurry to take the photo and just piled the helmets up.
[/b]

Working on my own pile of RFT helmet right now, and I'm having to paint my visors in the interest of time. (I hope to pop the rivets and upgrade the visors later..)

So.. Any tips on vacuforming acrylic? I've tried it once, it broke my mold in half. Of course it was poorly supported, and the acrylic was pretty thick, about 1/8" if I remember correctly... It never got really floppy, and formed very poorly.

How do you get good results?

badger

Fantastic work, man. If I could run a loop of just those first scenes aboard the Tantive on my TV at home in the background I'd love it. I'm seven years old again every time I see that.

Got my first one assembled this weekend.

normal_FirstHelmet3_md.jpg

four more to go.

The Visor is painted with Fusion glossy black. After the parade we're doing in a few weeks, I'm hoping to start working on a smoked black visor.

Has anyone else noticed that all of a sudden every one is working on RFT helmets?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back