11th Doctor Series 6 Boot Alternatives

Does anybody have good ideas for somewhat cheap alternatives to the Series 6 boots that the 11th Doctor wears? I'm spending so much money on the other parts of his costume that I don't have too much left to spend on the boots. I'm working toward purchasing the actual pair, but that will take me a while. I'm looking for something that is somewhat accurate, and around the $50 price range. Any ideas?

The Stacy Adams Madison boots are a good match - they have the right quarter brogue cap toes and are almost as tall as the originals. They come too shiny, but a good rub down with acetone will sort that.

The Stacy Adams Madison boots are a good match - they have the right quarter brogue cap toes and are almost as tall as the originals. They come too shiny, but a good rub down with acetone will sort that.
I can't seem to find a pair of them under $100, and I cant afford them. since im buying the abbyshot jacket (Cant afford the real tweed), the striped shirt from itailor, a bowtie from Risu's run, and a Burgundy bowtie.. :cry

I may be mistaken in what I'm about to say, but the boots i've recently bought resemble the 'All Saints' brand boots which I believe was worn in series 5. I honestly don't know how much in appearance the series 5 and 6 boots differ.

Anyhow these are the boots - Amazon.com: Mens Leather Lined Casual Boots, Lace up Pull on with Fully Lined Interior and Rubber Outsoles - These run big order 1 size smaller then normal: Shoes

As the merchandise title states, it runs a size bigger. I usually wear a nine, so I got an 8 and it fits like a dream. Also these things are pretty comfortable.

I also recommend the Madison boots. I dulled mine down with leather deglazer and polished/painted the welt black and now they're a pretty darn close match. Toe's shaped a little rounder and he hooks still need to be swapped for eyelets someday, but I'm very happy with them. I recommend ebay, you might get lucky. I found my pair in my exact size for $60 shipped.

I may be mistaken in what I'm about to say, but the boots i've recently bought resemble the 'All Saints' brand boots which I believe was worn in series 5. I honestly don't know how much in appearance the series 5 and 6 boots differ.

Anyhow these are the boots - Amazon.com: Mens Leather Lined Casual Boots, Lace up Pull on with Fully Lined Interior and Rubber Outsoles - These run big order 1 size smaller then normal: Shoes

As the merchandise title states, it runs a size bigger. I usually wear a nine, so I got an 8 and it fits like a dream. Also these things are pretty comfortable.

Those are probably closer to the series 6 than series 5, the series 5 are pretty distinct. Series 6 are a little more generic, making it easier to pick up something similar.

I've Been looking around on lots of different sites and wanted to share a really nice pair I found on Target.com
It looks uncannily like the season 6 boots but also has a slight double layer effect from season 5.

Aside from the light brown on the side of the sole (which could be easily taken care of) these look awesome to me. And only $80

Men's Boston Traveler Leather Lace-up Boots - Black : Target

attachment.php

Not too bad. The sole is a bit thick. If you intended to wear them with both versions of the costume and not have to buy two different pairs I'd say go for it. At that price though I wouldn't be surprised if they're not real leather, in which case they wouldn't last long and would be really uncomfortable. For ~$30 more I'd go with the Madisons over those for just series 6 boots.

I also recommend the Madison boots. I dulled mine down with leather deglazer and polished/painted the welt black and now they're a pretty darn close match. Toe's shaped a little rounder and he hooks still need to be swapped for eyelets someday, but I'm very happy with them. I recommend ebay, you might get lucky. I found my pair in my exact size for $60 shipped.
Risu, any tips for deglazing without going to far? Or is it even possible to over do it? Thanks! My current boots are a tad shiny and I would like to give them a more worked in look.

It is definitely possible to go too far. When the guy was demonstrating the deglazer for me he rubbed the leather for a few seconds and it wiped the smooth top coat right off of the leather. Turned it to grey suede. (not the boots, a leather hide I was buying.) Basically you just put the deglazer (I used Angelus brand) on a paper towel and buff the surface of the boot for maybe 2-3 seconds. You can do it bit by bit until they're as dull as you want. Maybe start up at the top so if you do go too far it'll be in the least noticeable place and you'll know what the limit is. I'll post pics of my boots soon for reference.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back