1/72 Scale Docking Bay 94

What's the plan? Are you going for a full 360 so the model is seen from above? Or are you going to have it open in the front for a kind of cutaway view?

The plan is to make a bigger, better version of my 1/350 version of Docking Bay 94:

Screenshot_20200520-221042_Instagram.jpg

Something like this might work. Not exactly 1/72, but I think close enough based on some other other Action Fleet stuff I have

s-l640.jpg

For other Mos Eisley themed figures, the old MPC/AMT Star Wars Cantina set is exactly 1/72 scale.

The Micromachines figure sets like the Jawas are close enough to 1/72, that they would not look out of place, especially if used in the background.

The Jabba Throne Room is a bit oversized at around 1/63

Something like this might work. Not exactly 1/72, but I think close enough based on some other other Action Fleet stuff I have

View attachment 1300902

For other Mos Eisley themed figures, the old MPC/AMT Star Wars Cantina set is exactly 1/72 scale.

The Micromachines figure sets like the Jawas are close enough to 1/72, that they would not look out of place, especially if used in the background.

The Jabba Throne Room is a bit oversized at around 1/63

I have the old Jabba Throne room kit... I may need to see if I can find the Cantina one on ebay… I'll look for that guy you posted above, too. And the Jawas… I'm going to need many, many figures... Big plans for this one for sure.

Ah, cool!

You just need a 1:72 sandcrawler, then! :)
Yes indeed! I know a guy who was working on a 3d printed one... May need to get in contact with him.

You could always build a "flat". Model Railroads for example might just build a background building as only a very shallow front since no one ever sees the other side and it saves space. Since yours in the background there it might be possible, Unless the dio will be viewed in 360°

dwn1055.jpg

I'm considering a Docking Bay 94 diorama with an ANH ship, or an Echo Base diorama with an ESB ship. I do like the fun busyness of the Echo Base set. But I do also like the clean purity of the low-budget Docking Bay 94 set, even if it requires some goofing around since the original set was only half a set with half a ship. :) Plus it was the first time we got to see the ship, which is cool.

That's basically why I cranked out all the various detail parts. Take a look and let me know if there's anything missing you'd like to see added. :) Note that sizing is a real problem for this stuff. It's kind of sized relative to the scale of the cockpit interior. But, because of the perennial scaling problems with the undersized Falcon set, that means that the detail parts are smaller than the would be to look exactly like they looked on screen. I could resize them up, but that of course causes its own problems...

I'm considering a Docking Bay 94 diorama with an ANH ship, or an Echo Base diorama with an ESB ship. I do like the fun busyness of the Echo Base set. But I do also like the clean purity of the low-budget Docking Bay 94 set, even if it requires some goofing around since the original set was only half a set with half a ship. :) Plus it was the first time we got to see the ship, which is cool.

That's basically why I cranked out all the various detail parts. Take a look and let me know if there's anything missing you'd like to see added. :) Note that sizing is a real problem for this stuff. It's kind of sized relative to the scale of the cockpit interior. But, because of the perennial scaling problems with the undersized Falcon set, that means that the detail parts are smaller than the would be to look exactly like they looked on screen. I could resize them up, but that of course causes its own problems...

I'll look closely and let you know for sure. My Diorama will be very busy too lol

The Micromachine Jawas are a great size for 1/72.

With some careful cutting, you can convert the Bandai sitting C-3PO figure from the PG falcon into a standing version

View attachment 1301456
View attachment 1301457

I may do that for the Luke, Obi-wan, Han, and Chewie figures... Although I had some ideas for the sitting versions. Some kind of Easter Egg in the scene. Here's some of the figures I'm considering to use. The Jabba might be too big though:

20200522_110241.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back