1/700 waterline series

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

KrokoHunter

Sr Member
Hi guys.

Perhaps a bit OT, perhaps not.

A friend of mine own a hobbyshop, and he's told me, that the 1/700 waterline ships from Tamiya, Hasegawa and Fujimi are 100% identical.

The reason is, that the kits are manufactored by a small japanese company, which then sell the kits, through the companys mentioned above.

I haven't been able to track down the same ship from different companys yet, so I can't comfirm this myself yet.

Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Best regards:
Niels M. F.
Denmark

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've never come across two kits by different manufacturers...at least not at the same time. (If I had at different times I wouldn't have realized it.)

But the story makes sense, as all the waterline models have identical box art, save for the company logo and the artwork/labeling of the specific ship.

mrviper

YES the answer is YES!!!!
As I have been building the 1/700 waterline ships for the past 25years I found them to be the same. The manufacturers
make their own as a collaboration on this project. In my opinion Tamiya makes the best of these models.

I have at least one hundred ships in my fleet!!!!