1/6 scale Imperial Commando helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

slave1pilot

Sr Member
Here's the Helmet that I modded up to match my character in Imperial Commandos

The design Pic

The original

One for scale

Modded partially & primered

The full size one

More mods & white basecoat

painted & weathered

For comparison

It still needs the Blast shields & the Comlink.
what do you think?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

steveo

Sr Member
I think it's pretty awesome. I've always liked that design of yours, although I prefer the "yellow" design the best. I feel they should have used those designs for the clones instead of what they ended up with. The clones just look like bobble heads.

Steveo

slave1pilot

Sr Member
Ok,
I added the blast shields, the earcom greeblies, the notches on the left side of the bucket, & the comlink

What do you think?
Back o' the head

Greeblies on the earcom

comlink

Notches

No flash

And a comparison shot

slave1pilot

Sr Member
I modified it to actually fit the Gentle Giant bust.
I then put the pauldron from the Kotobukiya Sandtrooper on it to get a feel for the final look.
I photoshopped some dirt & added the stripe to see how it looks.
I couldn't remember the paint scheme :
waddya think?

Tim9d9

Slave1...where did you find this picture?? This wouldn't be from the ISS Props shop, would it??? It looks so darn familiar..

Tim9d9

HA. Good man, Slave1. On that note, I shall also keep my knowledge to myself. These helmets are impossibly OUTSTANDING. I will tell you, however, that I recently spoke to my very good friend, who will indeed be wearing one of these buckets. B)

slave1pilot

Sr Member
I suppose I should update you guys on my lifesize helmet;
I have weathered it & added the Mock-up of the visor.
This visor is made of ABS painted silver with a welding visor trimmed to the approximate shape.
The actual visor will be made of Aluminum .

Here is yet another revision of the basic shape that we are going for.
i feel this one is closer to the original design.
keep in mind that it is still a work in progress.

And here it is next to the original concept