Unlimited Run 1:3 and 1:6 Scale Han Solo in Carbonite from high res 3D Scan

Shipped! Anyone else want, lemme know.
34bb92f052bb4b4b049bf0efd3992b04.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I received my package and had a couple questions.

First, do you have a parts list and directions for the electronics? The plastic bag that contained my panels and electronic pieces had a hole in it. I found some electronic pieces in the bag and some loose in the box so I would like to make sure I have everything. It also seems I am missing a wiring harness and battery pack. Given the past posts and I thought those were to be included and the hole in the bag wasn't big enough for these to fall out of.

Second, are the panels the correct size on the 1/3 scale? It could just be me but they look slightly smaller than the original ones shown. They definitely look smaller in relation to the box when compared to the actual prop.

Third, any suggestions on how to best deal with the print lines on the panels? I understand that there were issues with getting these cast in resin. However, these have some rough looking print lines. I really don't want to end up losing some of the raised detail if I try sanding them.

Thanks

I received my package and had a couple questions.

First, do you have a parts list and directions for the electronics?

I didn't make directions yet. It's basically 5 leds (4 red, 1 green), 5 resistors, pins, and the board. Power supply by a usb phone plug will work. I can get you a battery pack since I said I would. I forgot that I said I'd include it. I drop-shipped one to you and Tim. Ivan, if you need one of these too, let me know. The directions are basically, solder the pins to the board, put one resistor per led, and solder the resistor to a pin, and the led back to ground. There's 5 pins that are controlled by the chip, and only 5 controlled pins, so basically any will do. One was designed specifically for the green since it blinks steady, and the other 4 are for the 4 red LEDs. I'll make a more detailed instruction describing and showing what to do exactly.
Second, are the panels the correct size on the 1/3 scale?

yes
Third, any suggestions on how to best deal with the print lines on the panels? I understand that there were issues with getting these cast in resin. However, these have some rough looking print lines. I really don't want to end up losing some of the raised detail if I try sanding them.

Thanks

Well technically I did only plan and say I'd make these in resin if I had enough interest, and we didn't meet those numbers, and was planning on charging a higher price for the 3d printed version, but charged you guys the lower cost resin version anyway to be nice. The printed versions do take some elbow grease to get nice. The best way is to use filler primer, high build formula, and then sand that down. Don't try to sand down the plastic, since that won't work.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update and I received mine yesterday, pretty cool stuff! I didn't notice any hole in my electronics bag but I will check it tonite, I should be able to put it together from the pictures on second page. (post # ?). #39
I did want to add, my local IPMS group at one or their recent meetings discussed 3d printed models and were having good luck using Future floor care as a filler because of the way it self levels. it may take a couple layers however. Just wanted to throw this information out there.

This is basically the circuit.

It's either pins 0-4 or 1-5 but I can't remember. You'll see when you plug it in. Then put resistors on each led, and then ground from each back to ground.
dd50fc9f49db88b09da1f9c106c2d3d6.jpg

The best way is to use filler primer, high build formula, and then sand that down. Don't try to sand down the plastic, since that won't work.

Thanks for the tips. I'm glad I didn't rush in with the sand paper. :( Is there a particular brand that you would recommend? If you have a favorite brand, do you have a good place to purchase?

That's interesting about the Future polish too. I've read about using it to tighten up joints for action figures but would have never thought about it as a filler.

I meant to mention in my last post that the Han sculpt is amazing. I can't wait to get started on assembly. :thumbsup Hopefully this weekend!

just go to home depot and buy the filler primer. I don't think there's more than one and it'll work.

Thought I would post my progress so far. I have the LEDs ready to wire in and the back cut to fit. Should be done by end of week. I painted it with primer, bronze, then grey, then flat black, followed by steel wool buffing for highlights. Thanks zenix!
IMG_0471.jpg

About to fly out of town for a funeral. If you don't mind, I'll tackle that Monday. Not even sure of the total anyways. haha. thanks man.

My library is a bit dark so the details are hard to see, but here it is with the LEDs installed. Beautiful job, xenix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to tell in the films, but is the silver trim darker than the silver Han section? Some shots in Jedi makes the trim look a touch darker. Thanks.

I've got more of these ready as needed. I've made a mold of the panels, so the resin ones coming out of that mold are a bit nicer in resin than just the 3D prints

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back