1/24 X-Wing near 100% from scratch

Hello Avanaut, Joberg, 3d-builder, Scratchy and TomVDJ.
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

BenCozine ... thank you very much for your enhanced images.

TomVDJ ... the final model is about 512 cm long.

Updates (few):

I'm currently designing the pieces that make up the rear cockpit space (ANH). It's really complicated because there is very little what can be seen in the film. In addition, and as usual, there are several different sets, which further complicates the work. For example: the hydraulic devices that opens and closes the cockpit cover. In some images are there, and in many other scenes have disappeared. It's crazy. :wacko

For now, I'm trying to translate to a 3D model all what I can see on the screenshots, but it's clear that I'll have to use my imagination to fill in dark areas. :unsure

Cockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-3D-01.jpg Cockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-shots-01.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Rafa

Yes, the brain has its moments, especially with a build like this one (you're forgiven btw;))...keep up the excellent work!

Hello friends.

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post, but my time to modeling is increasingly scarce. But don´t think that I've abandoned my project, I take every free minute to advance as much as possible.

Well, this is the current state:
As you know, I'm working on the rear of the cockpit (ESB film set version ) and once moved everything I could in a 3D model, I've begun to build the pieces of styrene.
The first problem I've encountered is the square grid that is in the front of the center block. I searched my model kits and in my spare parts box and I haven't found any parts that show that texture in the size needed, so I decided to make my own pattern carved in 1.5 mm thick aluminum sheet. This pattern is a negative version of the texture that I needed to create the final piece, and it was only necessary to heat the aluminum sheet on my vitrocer , and press on it a small piece of 1mm thick styrene sheet. After a few tests, the results were very positive.

I'm building the rest of the small parts and details as usual, cutting, gluing and sanding small pieces of styrene, except for hydraulic devices, in which I used steel pins to create a straight and sturdy pieces.

Keep you informed ...

Cockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-01.jpgCockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-02.jpgCockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-03.jpgCockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-04.jpgCockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-05.jpgCockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-06.jpgCockpit FILM-REAR ZONE-07.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)
Rafa

Amazing build Rafa!

This place is just wrong... always egging you on to build that x-wing, b-wing, AT-AT or star destroyer you've been thinking about. Love it!!! :D

Dude, you're an animal ! You are also an inspiration. I have just begun making an x from scratch myself and your work has in no small way been instrumental in motivating me. I have been following this thread since Day 1...MAD PROPS PROP MAN. Jim.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back