1/12 scale TOS BSG viper, 31 inches long...

I was hoping to have it available around Jan 1, I know that is a little late for Xmas, I can try to push it a little if i can find the time....

Man Cosmic x, Your build looks great I hope to be able to own one also. Thanks Jim

thank you Sir, here is where I am atm
Colonial-Viper-20.jpg

Attachments

• Colonial-Viper-20.jpg
    Colonial-Viper-20.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 74
Yes Yes Yes This is looking great hands down For Sure Now I know Ive got to get me one. Cosmic_x keep us posted fantastic modeling. Thanks Jim

Just an update, I pulled everything out for this and took a look at it. I will be doing the remold starting this week, actually started today. it will be slow as i am going to mix in the remold of this with the 1/2 studio galactica molds that i am pouring. Figure if i do 1 or 2 molds a day along with the galactica stuff i can have a full set of molds up by Thanksgiving time. Hopefully it will be able to stick to that schedule.

There will be a few small changes to the kit to make it easier to assemble. One thing i am going to change will be the inclusion of a laser cut acrylic "disk plate" basically the part that connects the back engines to the heavy greeblie detail cones. Also may break down the intake cluster for easier casting. I had 2 versions of the engine cluster, 1 that had all 3 engines pre assembled and 1 with the 3 tubes cast separately, i will be going with the 3 separate tubes, with the armature "cradle" that holds the 3 engines, overall easier to cast but also better results for assembly.

The last change will be separating out the clear exhaust plate from the detail that sat on top of the plate, it became apparent after building a kit that while not impossible, it is much easier to paint the afterburner details when separated from the clear part.

Yes thanks Mike, great kit once again, cosmic_x just wondering what kind of hot toys did you get I love hot toys stuff cant wait till they release the tv batmobile I'm getting me one. just wondering. Thanks Jim

Was the batman from the tv series, adam west or something. In the meantime found something else, but i need to work on the base as next.
Viper ist primed and ready for painting

Cool I will be getting those also to fit the tv batmobile. Thanks cant wait to see more of your viper build. Thanks Jim

Hi Mike. Please out me down for one of these kits. Definetly gotta build this!!! Amazing. How are things going regarding this kit. You are so busy. Have sent you a PM.
Cheers
Dave

Yes, For Sure Mike Put me on the list for one of these . Thanks ...cosmic, your's looks super great I can't wait to have one , anymore pics this build is looking great. ...Thanks... Jim

I know , this kit was purchase along time ago Mike....and its been in the box all this time.....curious , never realized until today, was this kit supposed to come with 3 internal engine ports ???? I have everything in the bag , except something round to put in the back engines....engine vents , engine fans ??? not sure if this kit comes with whatever they are called....Im sorry never took everything out of the box...just started the kit today...was doing cleanup and trimming , and put everything on the floor , but no engine venting....not sure how to make them myself ....kind of a shocker...LOL...thanks Guy

That is just about one of the coolest things I've ever seen!! 31 inches?! That's what I'm talking about!!

Is this still available?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back