1:1 Rey / Daisy Ridley (Star Wars Episode 7) WIP

Sorry eyelids are all wrong and the lips are to big..... Daisy's eyes are quite complicated

I'm so glad someone else mentioned the lips :) They seem a little Jolie at the moment :) Its so close though, keep up the good work :)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions. You can be sure that I will hone and refine things like the eyes, lips and nose as soon as I'm satisfied with shaping the larger facial structure. There are still some symmetry issues I'm contending with, but it's slowly getting there.
I'll post more update pics soon.

I think I'm pretty happy with the facial structure now, so on to fine tuning the details.
REY9.jpg

I most definitely will be taking care of refining that area of the eyes. I have a couple of tweaks left to the bone structure, then refining all the details such as the eyelids, nose, mouth and ears.

I most definitely will be taking care of refining that area of the eyes. I have a couple of tweaks left to the bone structure, then refining all the details such as the eyelids, nose, mouth and ears.

Cool man. I love it.

Reel

"I can show you the ways of the force"
-Kylo Ren

The proportions are all wrong... sorry. Nothing seems to have been changed, much. Eyes should be dead centre (fundamental rule of sculpting faces) but these are to far up making the lower face look to enlongated. Daisy's face should be more heart shaped and wider at the cheek bones. The eyelids are also totally wrong and the mouth is just way to big.

421.jpg

Last edited:
I'm NOT being harsh I'm being "HONEST" so I can help to get the best results.... As for the ref pic I've included - Its a recent pic, Steve....and I don't think she looks 10 at all - you're maybe getting thrown by the lack of eyeshadow.

Phil she looks like she's 10 in that pic you found. I think you're being a little harsh on the sculpt. I totally see her in it.

Daisy-Ridley-as-Rey-Star-Wars-7.jpg

Daisy looks very angelic without the eyeshadow and you can see in this pic she has a much more rounded face than depicted in the sculpt.

Hi Phil, I understand where you're coming from and I don't disagree with some of your points, but some of the wording sounded a bit rough.
However, I know where it's coming from and I know people are passionate about characters that they want it done right, and believe me, this is how I feel as well.
The sculpt is far from finished, so know that what you see is what I see as well.
As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a self-taught sculptor and after working 10 hour work days as a heavy equipment operator, the few moments I have available to sculpt is a welcomed escape for me.
My methods may be unconventional, but I think in the end, the outcome is not too bad. Threads like this is a way for me to document the journey and if there are details that some people find that somehow I have missed, I gladly apply it to make the sculpt better.
I truly appreciate the input and critiques. And yes the lips will be addressed, I just haven't gotten around to them yet ;)

Glad you see my point, Ely... Yes I do sometimes come across as being a bit harsh but I'm trying to help!!! Its so easy for a sculptor to overlook things and I realise you're just as passionate about your work as I am... Not many sculptors i know actually like critisim even the ones designed to help because they have - BIG egos... you, my friend, definately don't fall into that category so because of that my aim is to offer my ideas to help you acheive the best results.

Hi Phil, I understand where you're coming from and I don't disagree with some of your points, but some of the wording sounded a bit rough.
However, I know where it's coming from and I know people are passionate about characters that they want it done right, and believe me, this is how I feel as well.
The sculpt is far from finished, so know that what you see is what I see as well.
As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a self-taught sculptor and after working 10 hour work days as a heavy equipment operator, the few moments I have available to sculpt is a welcomed escape for me.
My methods may be unconventional, but I think in the end, the outcome is not too bad. Threads like this is a way for me to document the journey and if there are details that some people find that somehow I have missed, I gladly apply it to make the sculpt better.
I truly appreciate the input and critiques. And yes the lips will be addressed, I just haven't gotten around to them yet ;)

This is one of the things I love about this group! Constructive criticism really is so valuable & that people with experience are willing to offer it with the intention of helping. I'll most definitely be relying on it when I eventually get round to doing a portrait sculpt :)

Keep up the good work fella's :thumbsup :)

Sorry for the lack of updates, been real busy these past couple of weeks and still busy, but I did get to work on this a bit more. Still working on a few things, so lots more refinement to go.
Basics - I don't have anything specific things to recommend except to dive in and have lots and lots of patience. My first sculpt took about two years to complete, but I was trying to learn all types of different methods and figure out what I liked and didn't like. That was just for a helmet sculpt, portrait sculpture is it's own beast. Didn't have access to any tutorials back then, so it was trial and error.
REY11.jpg

Ely, you know I love your work bud, but to be honest, it looks like Natalie Portman again. I think you should have left it alone before Phil commented. It looked much more like Rey before. I didn't agree with his critique. Sorry man, just have to be honest.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back