Limited Run “Mine! Or I will help you not!” YODA LAMP BLOWOUT. Last in stock SALE

Re: “Mine! Or I will help you not!” Luke’s… no wait… Yoda’s Dagobah Lamp run.

Ok folks everything has been paid for and interest list is CLOSED, and now we're into the actual RUN phase. I will keep everyone posted as things happen. I've already ordered all the electronics, except the LEDs and resistors needed, but I will be doing that today.

Just a heads up, Aaron is going through a lot personally while finishing up two other very large saber runs. So when these are done machining, they come to me... then I do final machine work and assembly, then start shipping.

We're a ways out to completion, so be patient and please don't hesitate to post any questions.

This is 100% happening, and we're go!

Yes, I will have some extra taking into account for damage in shipping or machining, etc. IF after the run is done and all shipped I have some leftover they will be for sale. But for all intents and purposes 32-34. I'll be getting one for me too of course.

Great news! I’ve been following Aaron, and on those runs so I totally understand??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice.

Last edited:

Is there any rough estimation on when these will ship out? (Or when the machining starts on these?)

No I don't know yet. Aaron has had a death in the family, and is finishing up another run now. It's been pretty rough 2018 for him so far. He does have all the material, and I have everything here I need aside from the LEDs and resistors which should be here soon.

So once his machines are free it will start churning out.

I'll update here as I get more information.

These are awesome. For some reason when I was a kid I really wanted a lamp like the one Yoda commanders. Very nice work.

Man, Aaron has no luck lately... I seriously hope things get better for him soon.

Checkin' in to see if there are any updates...

Yes. I have all the LEDs, resistors, and internal electronics. Aaron just finished the Kanan and Ezra run and went on vacation. I imagine when he gets back this will be in full sing machining-wise.

I just keep telling myself not to even bother looking at the thread until you post an update. Mostly I've been thinking about display options. Bouncing between a Hot Toys Yoda or some sort of driftwood-type stand

update:

Things are coming along

30176287_2074991346123183_1345256903_o.jpg

30177038_2074991319456519_2056002165_o.jpg

30232020_2074991309456520_1469151387_o.jpg

30547247_2074991342789850_2081768799_o.jpg

30629198_10216565697001905_3669650075228831744_n.jpg

Sexy!!!

Nice to see the run is moving again. Looks promising!

Just a little question: I made the deposit the 19th of November 2017. This means my time period to file a dispute with PayPal in case something goes wrong, expires 19th of May 2018. Since I have been screwed over by a "trusted" RPF member in the past, I really want to avoid letting this period pass.

So I wanted to propose if I can get a full refund of my deposit, after which I will immediately pay the deposit again, so my period for filing a dispute is restarted (since it's a new PayPal transaction), and I'm "safe" for another 6 months? Sorry I have to ask this, but since SD Studios screwed me over, I become pretty nervous when waiting times stretch over 6 months. And although I see progress and I understand the reasons of the delays, I just want to be safe...

Just a little question: I made the deposit the 19th of November 2017. This means my time period to file a dispute with PayPal in case something goes wrong, expires 19th of May 2018. Since I have been screwed over by a "trusted" RPF member in the past, I really want to avoid letting this period pass.

So I wanted to propose if I can get a full refund of my deposit, after which I will immediately pay the deposit again, so my period for filing a dispute is restarted (since it's a new PayPal transaction), and I'm "safe" for another 6 months? Sorry I have to ask this, but since SD Studios screwed me over, I become pretty nervous when waiting times stretch over 6 months. And although I see progress and I understand the reasons of the delays, I just want to be safe...

Scott is nothing like Steve. I understand your apprehension due to past experience, but I know Scott personally and he is as honorable and trustworthy as you could possibly imagine.
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I'd be willing to offer to reimburse you for your deposit out of my own pocket if he scams you, because it's not going to happen. LOL

It's not only that. If I didn't trust him, I would just ask my deposit back and would not pay it again. But things happen in life. If something happens to Scott outside of his will, and nobody follows up on his business, you are out of your deposit too...

I can honestly say that I'm 100% trustworthy, but I can also honestly say that if I sell something here on the RPF and someone pays me, and I drive against a tree on the way home, absolutely nobody will follow up on the sale here on the RPF and the buyer will need to open a PayPal claim to get his money back (which I hope he will do, because I do not want to owe anybody anything when I'm gone ;-).

So just a refund and a new payment doesn't cost anything to both of us, but will just start a new buyer protection period of 6 months. For Scott it's only two clicks in PayPal, for me it are 3 or 4 ;-).

The parts are being machined by someone else in another part of the country. I PAID for every single thing already plus more than each deposit for all parts, etc. Already. I'm personally out as well, until I get them in hand to personally finish them and send them out. There's going to be even more time once I receive them to work through making them all, packaging, posting, and mailing as well. Being one person, it will certainly take me a few weeks to work through them. Once I get them there's additional machine time, electronics wiring, etc.

So there's all chance the same can happen to me, then what would I do? thousands of dollars no longer in my account either.

That said, Tom, next time you have a question like this, it would be better to contact me privately.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back