1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run “Mine! Or I will help you not!” Luke’s… no wait… Yoda’s Dagobah Lamp run. NOW SHIPPIN

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by scottjua, Nov 6, 2017.

1. scottjua

scottjua Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

the RUN IS COMPLETE. NOW selling remaining stock!

Check the video for delivery at the bottom of this post, and check this new video for introduction:

<strong>

NOTE
    : Tapatalk users... view this post in a real browser to see the ENTIRE post with payment info.

Here it is. Since making a one-off earlier this year and then subsequently finding what I believe to be the found part for the original prop’s light (with the help of a friend on theRPF)… and lots and lots of inquiries to do a run… here it is.

yoda_run4.jpg yoda_run1.jpg

yoda_run2.jpg
    yoda_run3.jpg

What it is:

A 1:1 as accurate as we can work it out to be replica of the lamp Yoda steals… I mean BARTERS…from Luke Skywalker on Dagobah.

There are very few pictures known of the original prop, and very little is publicly known about it. Recently I believe I found the original light that the prop was based on, as the light I found has an exact scale and physical look match to the screen used prop. You can see very clearly the top lens of the light, in the movie and compare that to the bulb shape, the shapes and scales of the internal plastics and outward dimensions, and I think I have a match.

Now based on that measurement we scaled the rest of the prop’s dimensions as best we can with the photos and film reference. It came out much smaller than previous amazing interpretations people have made of this prop.

There’s always room for error, but I’m pretty confident we got it right.

The replica will come completely assembled and ready to display, and will light up. The prototype picture below has a much cooler LED light than what the original lamp was, but the final product will have a more screen accurate warm white led.

We’re only making up to 100 of these worldwide, so if you’ve always wanted one… NOW is the time.

How much is it?: $325 shipped in the USA (International is plus shipping to your destination)

Like most things with machining, the more you make of something the more the cost to make it is spread out. This is the same. With this being nearly all CNC machined (It WILL have some hand fitting, assembly and final machining), the setup and machine time costs are higher with the fewer we do.

So pricing is going to be tiered and the price will reduce for everyone based on how many people commit with a paid deposit.

This run will ONLY happen if we meet the minimum of 30 deposits. If we don’t meet that, I will call the run off and refund all payments made. After that the price per unit drops per paid/people on the run reduces the price until we meet the limit of 100 lamps total. So tell your wife, tell your friends… get everyone in on it so we get these made for less.

The deposits are otherwise non-refundable if the run goes through to start. You can sell your spot to someone, but I will need to have a PM from the original signup name to confirm.

Please do NOT sign up unless you are ready to pay and order.

HOW TO PAY:

Please send payment in FULL to scottj@scottandtemphotography.com as GOODS and Services. In the notes field of your payment please send the following information:

- Yoda Lamp
    - which forum you are on forum user name(If Facebook, simply put Facebook)
    - Your full REAL NAME
    - Your FULL ADDRESS to ship to
    - Your contact phone number
    - The quantity you are ordering

So it should look like this:

- Yoda Lamp
    - scottjua TheRPF
    - Scott Juarez
    - 12345 Nunyabizness Ln. Nowheresville, TX 12345 USA
    - 123-456-7890

There’s NO NEED to send me a “payment sent” PM. I will do updates daily unless it’s a weekend to the list on theRPF forum. If you don’t see your name up there are the daily or Monday update… THEN send me a PM to make sure I got it.

Prices are SHIPPED in the USA and include PayPal fees. International friends… shipping won’t be included, but we will calculate a final balance for your location when your lamp is ready to ship.

1-30 will be $340

31-40: $325 (this is where pre-orders landed for the run price)

41-40: $315

51-50: $300

61-60: $285

71-70: $275

81-80: $265

91-100: $255

What’s included. An accurate 1:1 replica of Yoda’s lamp CNC and hand machined and fitted, fully assembled, with working LED light and a user replaceable battery. A numbered and signed COA. Shipping to you in the USA.

All materials have been machined and are in my hands, ready to build. The run is now fulfilled and names are added as I fulfill the overrun. At some point I will discontinue the list and fulfill as I get orders.

When your lamp is done and ready to go I will let you know that final payment is due. IF I get no reply or payment within 72 hours from your notice of completion I will mail yours to the next person and you get bumped to the back of the list. IF by the time the run completes and I STILL haven’t heard from you in any way, shape, or form, I will simply put your lamp up for sale and your deposit will not be refunded. By sending a deposit and signing up you agree to these terms.

1. teecrooz - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    2. Halliwax - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    3. Warpcell - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    4. Padawan311 - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    5. Mandingalow - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    6. Facebook (Tom Jefferson)- PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    7. glottis - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    8. LocSkywalker - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    9. LackofFaith - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    10. LackofFaith- PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    11. the PAWN - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    12. the PAWN - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    13. TomVDJ - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    14. TomVDJ - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    15. shull24 - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    16. boochydog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    17. timw1031- PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    18. russellsch - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    19. Kraig Archambault (FACEBOOK)- PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    20. SeanG22 (CANCELLED. DO NOT SELL)
    21. Mpops89 - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    22. obishane - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    23. NickCline - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    24. SolosHold - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    25. Pfockerchief (Rebel Armory Forum) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    26. jcroscigno - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    27. fonzie (Rebel Armory Forum) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    28. The Pawn - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    29. The Pawn - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    30. Vaderperp - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    31. TrooperTrent - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    32.ColdVizjerei (TheRebelArmory) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    33. Kodofett - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    34. ulldar (TheRebelArmory) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    35. xwingercrash - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    36. sjanish - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    37, Krieger - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    38. Peter McInally- Facebook - - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    39. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    40. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    41. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    42. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    43. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    44. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    45. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    46. The Cog - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    47. Darth Vinicius - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    48. Kevin J. Kim - FACEBOOK - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    49. Stephen Belenski (Facebook) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    50. Debra Fordham (TRA Forum) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    51. James Robo (Facebook) - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    52. SubLevel5 - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    53. Vaderperp - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED
    54. bill fimm - PAID IN FULL - SHIPPED

Also, here is the original part. I was pointed to this by thd9791, as he spotted this on eBay and alerted me. It's a vintage Ever Ready pen torch (or flash light in the USA). I saw it and right away thought he was right. The timeline works, the place those were most common, so I bought it. When it came I saw immediately on getting it to work, that the light plays, reflects, and looks EXACTLY like the original prop's top. It also made perfect sense form the standpoint of being a form factor that's nearly identical to what the original prop was, as a pen flashlight. I started scaling the image based on known R2D2 claw scales, and it all matched up. Based on that I started measuring my hand made guess work scratch built one, and found that my dimensions were super close. So I did some adjustments and it brought us to where this run and prototype are in scale.

20171201_152234.jpg

Finally, to compared the scale to the RPF run from a few years ago, you can see ours is much smaller based on the found pen light part.

20171201_152144.jpg

Interestingly the proportions are very similar, except my reference doesn't show the tapers in the sections like the previous run interpretations. From what I can see in the images I have access to, the sections are just straight cuts. So we went that direction.

So there's the part/story and the prototype. Hope you guys like it!

Oh... production LEDs will be warm white to match the screen used reference.

yoda_run3.jpg

They're ready!!!!

First batch of 10 are ready to go out the door. Payment request PMs have been sent to the first ten people. I only have this week, I might be able to get more ready, but if I don’t get a payment from you by Wednesday, I’ll move down the list until I get these out. No worries, you’ll still get yours, but I want to get them out while I can, so first come first served on payments I guess. I know some people don’t log in every day or check their subs.

20180615_195657.jpg

20180615_195707.jpg

20180615_195725.jpg

20180615_195736.jpg

20180615_195753.jpg

20180615_195812.jpg

This is the production dome… it mimics the internal bulbs shape of the original. Not seen until now. ^_^
    20180615_195828.jpg

And this is how your lamp will come. It will also come with an allen wrench (not shown) so you can replace the battery eventually. I don’t think you’ll need to for a long time unless you try to use it as a flash light all the time, or leave it on by accident.
    20180615_200124.jpg

PLEASE WATCH THE DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS VIDEO HERE

Delivery instructions.

yoda_run4.jpg

yoda_run1.jpg

yoda_run2.jpg

yoda_run3.jpg

20171201_152234.jpg

20171201_152144.jpg

yoda_run3.jpg

20180615_195657.jpg

20180615_195707.jpg

20180615_195725.jpg

20180615_195736.jpg

20180615_195753.jpg

20180615_195812.jpg

20180615_195828.jpg

20180615_200124.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    boochydog and ataru72ita like this.
  2. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: “Mine! Or I will help you not!” Luke’s… no wait… Yoda’s Dagobah Lamp run.

Deposit on its way! Thanks Scott!

3. Padawan311

Padawan311 Active Member

Yes! I am in on this! I have been wanting one for years! Deposit on the way!

4. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Scott sorry I’m still a little confused. Down payment of 150 sent as goods already covers the PayPal fee?

Or do I add the 3% too, to the 150 (that being 4.50) and add that to the 150, totaling 154.50 for the down deposit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. glottis

glottis Active Member

Interested! Will get the deposit to you.

6. scottjua

The total price already includes the fees. So just $150, unless you wanna help a brother out. ^_^

halliwax likes this.
  7. halliwax

thanks scott! :thumbsup

8. Warpcell

Warpcell Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am soooooo in!! I think Paypal is having issues.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  9. Padawan311

Padawan311 Active Member

I am also having trouble with Paypal. I have been trying to pay the deposit all day. I have been using the same Paypal account, and confirmed address for years and it is not letting me send money to you. It either says that I need to have a confirmed address, Mine is confirmed, or that it can’t send my payment right now and to try again later. I don’t know what is going on. Anyone else having these problems?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  10. halliwax

I didn’t have a problem

11. veektohr

veektohr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was having the same problem earlier today. I'm just gonna try again tomorrow and see what's up.

12. scottjua

Weird guys... I've had people have no problem, and then Warpcell's payment came through. I don't know if it's because of my business account and PayPal being very picky? Or what...

13. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

I might need a day or so, but I'm DEFINITELY in! :thumbsup

14. Warpcell

Warpcell Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is exactly what was happening to me. I had to send it without a confirmed address in order for it to go through. I figured (since this was just a deposit) I would just include an address in the final payment since I typed my info in the comments on this one.

15. scottjua

Ok guys I called PayPal so see what's up. They said, if you don't have a credit card with a matching address to your profile address on file, then you aren't verified. That said, I changed a preference to not require a verified account, so please all try again and let me know if you have any trouble.

We should be good to go now.

16. scottjua

MANDINGALOW I just realized you sent $15.00 instead of $150.00. I sent you a PM with screen cap.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  17. MANDINGALOW

MANDINGALOW Active Member

Sorry it's been corrected

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  18. glottis

glottis Active Member

Deposit sent. Appears to have gone through without issue. Thanks for doing this run!

19. LACKofFAITH

LACKofFAITH New Member

PayPal successful for deposit. Thanks, AKA FrettedLogic.

20. scottjua

slowly getting there guys. Let's get more people and drop that price!

21. scottjua

bumping it up

22. scottjua

to the top... spread the word guys.

23. scottjua

Saturday bump

24. the Pawn

the Pawn Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I’m in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. KevinHotchkiss

KevinHotchkiss Active Member

how long will this list be open? i want to be in, but need some time to gather fund:(

26. scottjua

Are you not able to see all the info in the main post?

I'm not trying to be a D-hole, but really asking, as I've got multiple PMs now asking for payment, and duration information. I have everything in the main post, but if you're not able to see it, I think I need to get an admin to look at it?????

Please can more people chime in to let me know if you can or can't read the entire main post?

27. Jintosh

Jintosh Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:)

I've started using the bold option to highlight the important stuff. I know a lot of people just scan the posts.

28. halliwax

“Mine! Or I will help you not!” Luke’s… no wait… Yoda’s Dagobah Lamp run.

Some times with long posts I️ can’t see the entire thing on my tapatalk app. It’s weird because it will cut the middle section of the post out, this thread on tapatalk is doing the same thing. If I️ click the quote option I️ can read the whole thing

That or I️ just view it from my laptop. But for anyone not seeing the whole thing, u can quote or just view it out side the app to see the entire post with payment instructions

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  29. scottjua

Ahh... well that might explain some of it... In any case, I bolded where needed.

Folks... please just view the thread in a normal browser...

halliwax likes this.
  30. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

Well, I tried to respond to your post earlier, by saying I can't stand Tapatalk (or PhotoBucket for that matter). But then my water heater decided it was time to die & go to Hell, with gusto. 8hrs, a new water heater, & a mostly dry house later.... here I am.

I'm STILL gonna try & get in on this run. However, I might be one of the last to join. Thank you water heater :angry

31. halliwax

It’s gotta be water heater syndrome or something... I️ had a bird stuck in my hot water tank exhaust pipe yesterday... that was fun.. all day taking this apart, jackhammering cement... patching the cement holes I️ made to rescue the bird... fun fun

But back on topic. I️ hope you can make this run! I️ hope this run happens it’s gonna be epic!

for some reason tapatalk is glitching when i type "I"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    russellsch likes this.
  32. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

Just another reason I can't stand Tapatalk

33. scottjua

bump it up. LEt's do this... we're nearly halfway to the start goal. One person said they're sending a deposit, but hasn't, so spread the word.

halliwax likes this.
  34. scottjua

bump it up. Need more people to make this happen

halliwax likes this.
  35. glottis

glottis Active Member

Would love to see this happen.

halliwax likes this.
  36. scottjua

Me too... let's do it guys.

37. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Would also love to see this happend. Have sent deposits for two lamps...

halliwax likes this.
  38. glottis

glottis Active Member

nudge for encouragement...only 11 days left

halliwax likes this.
  39. halliwax

Didn’t realize we had a time frame, *

40. scottjua

I put it at Dec 1, but we won't make it by then I think. So with the holidays, we may extend it. We're almost half way there... Come on guys. Just the deposit is due to make it happen.

halliwax likes this.
  41. boochydog

boochydog Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Deposit sent. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I will be in on this. I will get DP to you this weekend. SH's work speaks for itself. :)

Kirk

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    halliwax likes this.
  42. scottjua

list updated! Half way there.

43. halliwax

1/2 there! Yeaaaaah buddy!

44. scottjua

Let's get this made. In light of the holidays let's extend this to new years.

Jintosh and russellsch like this.
  45. halliwax

wicked! :thumbsup

46. scottjua

Turkey Day bump! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

halliwax and MANDINGALOW like this.
  47. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Come on guys, let's make this run happen! I can't imagine not more people want one of these...

halliwax likes this.
  48. glottis

glottis Active Member

(waves fingers) This is the project run you're looking for.

halliwax and Jintosh like this.
  49. scottjua

Update: Aaron from Solo's Hold has suffered a shop injury. So in light of that and the holidays we may have more time to get this going. Keep spreading the word, we only need a about 15 more people to make it happen. Remember deposits only.

I have the prototype in hand. We'll make a few minor unseen changes, and I will be installing the electronics this week for a proof of concept to show you guys. ^_^

MANDINGALOW likes this.
  50. Jintosh

Jintosh Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

oh, so I have time to win the Lotto and buy up all the remaining spots....? :D