My experience with BobbyC (Bob Causey) and his 1/3 Joker

Bubbaman

I wanted to share with all of you my experience with BobbyC.
Let me tell you first that I love his work (that is why I contacted him) and I'm just warning people because I think this is not how you do business.

So here is what I received 2 years ago.

From far it looks great, amazing likeness as you all know !!!
But when you look at the details...

Dirt on both hands (impossible to clean and I tried many many times).

I tried to put the glue drop away, impossible too without damaging the glove.

Many dirty marks on the clothes, impossible to clean too.

For the socks, I think the picture tells more than I can...

What you see under the shoe is a piece of electric cord and a little piece of paper to hold the statue.

- - - Updated - - -

And there are more dirt and glue marks on all the stand (I used a lot of different products, nothing cleaned it).

They were also some green marks on the skin, not the worst problem I think, but still...

And for the end, the eyes... As you can see they are bubbles everywhere, even inside the eyeballs !!!

The statue is falling down little by little, not stable at all.
I asked BobbyC for a replacement or a compensation, he agreed but everytime we could come to a deal he plays dead.
Today, I must say I don't really care about this statue anymore, I waited some time to not wrote this down with anger.
I just wanted to let people know what they could expect for some thousands dollars (it still hurt a bit when I think about the money I spent in this).

I know some of you had some great deals with him (for some lifesize silicone busts or full statues), but I just couldn't keep this from myself.

Never forget : think well before buying ;)

Here are still some nice pictures of the statue (I tried to hide the defects) :

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back