sculpting a deathdealer helmet from the movie underworld help, advice, pics needed

Cpl Potter

Sr Member
so im sculpting this deathdealer helmet ,there are many different versions of this helmet , so im going for my favorite desgins from them all , anyway im using chavant nsp medium to sculpt in , but the toughest part is getting area's smooth . so any help, advice, techniques on working with clay would be awesome . thx in advance

Last edited:
Re: sculpting a deathdealer helmet help, advice, pics needed

Use a Rubber Rib from a hobby store to smooth it out, you can also use some rubbing alcohol when you are using the rib to help with smoothing it out as well these are just some tips other people have given me.

thx i will look into those . here is a little update , i made some small changes after watching the movie again .

Cool! I did'n know what a death dealer was. They look badass!! Awesome sculpt so far! Keep us posted

Re: sculpting a deathdealer helmet from the movie underworld help, advice, pics need

couple more , i have'nt done this much so its all learn as i go .

Re: sculpting a deathdealer helmet from the movie underworld help, advice, pics need

did a little test run on some of the design inlay , its a little big, but im working on it

finally finished this up and put some rubber on it , will work on the mother mold and get a pull hopefully this weekend .

That looks great! Can you please let me know what materials you use for the mother mold and pull?

i used fiberglass for the mother mold , and ill use fiberglass gelcoat , and standard fiberglass with matt for the interior

well this has been a long process , i have a helmet pulled cleaned and painted , luckily when i pulled the mold off the clay it didnt do to much damage to the clay , because i am planning on cleaning up the sculpt, and doing another mold , to many bubbles in the first one , and it was a real pain to clean up after it was finished , anyway it turned out good not great ,as in i wouldnt sell any copies, but it will definately do the costuming trick , still have to make the ponytail holder as well .

niiceeeee
the fact thatI love the underworld movies not withstanding,
that looks great.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back